1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

?Ideal gauge/brand for CGCF drop tuning?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by rossiface, Oct 19, 2006.

1. I use a Fender P-Bass Deluxe 4 string. The band im in drops to C, so my tuning is CGCF. When we first went into the studio i used 65-120 DR strings but beacause i play aggresivley there was alot of pickup "farts". I Then went to using a 125 and 130 as my low C. Shoould i use an even heavyier gauge or re-set up my bass. Or should i use different brands or what. Any advise will be appreciated.

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    i use some .50- 110 and i like those the best... im still trying out different brands.. but i like those gauge strings the most... i kinda want to change the 110 to a 105.. so i'll be getting some 50-105 next.. anything more then 110 i dont like at all..

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021