1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ideal P/U height for EMG HZ's?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by prokfrog, Feb 20, 2008.

1. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    Hey folks,

I have a Schecter Elite-5. I'm dialing in my set-up and was wondering what a good guide would be. Schecter doesn't offer on thier website, nor does the EMG site have anything to say about the HZ's.

So what are the recomendations?

thanks

2. bump, I have the same and am interested in this too.

3. prokfrog

prokfrog

Mar 16, 2007
    new jersey
    BUMP.

Come on folks! We know you're out there!!

4. rymiraflores

rymiraflores

Jan 17, 2009
    I have an elite 5 too...modified....took off the neck Pu converted to passive, and made a nice scratch plate....I use TI flats and find that to get the best balance and tone I have the pu 1 mm below the G and 4 mm below the B. converting to passive was a great move...way better tone.

5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    That mainly based on personal preferance for the sound desired. One should adjust each pup solod for best sound then do little tweak as needed to one or the other for both pups on full imo. Personally I ussually get best sound from pups including the various emg HZ's Ive had stock on various basses (jackson, schecter, spector, Esp Ltd) to around 1/8 inch below the strings. Its also not unusual for me to adjust the neck pup a little higher on the G string side slightly closer to the strings then the bridge pup G string side.

On my warlock bass the pups are about 1/16 inch further away, but its large humbucker pups are also much more powerful then other pups Ive owned.