Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ideas for a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jake15, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I want to buy a new bass.I have about 600$ but am saving to 1000$. I play funk and i'm in my church band.Any ideas would be nice.

2. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    Hmm..

maybe spec on to David Pushic (dpcustom.com), or go with a Used MusicMan...

David

3. Yeah go for a used MusicMan or you might want to go for a good active Carvin if you can't find a MusicMan.

4. good fella

good fella

Apr 3, 2001
    SD
    i do believe you can get a rickenbacker 4001 for $900. eh, not really FUNK but its a damn good bass!

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Jake, if you're saving to $1000, you've got a lot of options.

Play as many basses as you can, the ones that I would recommend that you check out are the Peavey Cirrus, Czech Spector, Musicman Stingray and Sterling, G&L L2000, Peavey G Bass, Peavey Millenium and Millenium Plus, Ibanez BTB400 or 500, Fender American and American Deluxe, and if you would consider buying used(more bang for the buck) look at Zons, Pedulla Rapture, Rapture J2, Rapture PJ, Modulus Genesis, Warwick Corvette, FNA, Thumb bolt on, man there are a ton of great basses out there for around a grand used, and a decent selection new as well.

Good luck!:)

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    all that i can say is that with a g&Ll 2000, l2500 or asat, a czech spector or a musicman you can't go wrong. as usual i suggest the used market. you can find a lot of beautiful basses in the second hand like market

7. bu4bb2ler0

bu4bb2ler0

Apr 18, 2001
    Hamilton NY
    I would deffinately look into a used musicman, but the new carvin p-bass with the pick up in the saddle looks really sweet. That whole extra pickup is for funk playing, as for church music never played it so i can't help you there.