Identifing the Peavey speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, May 7, 2003.

1. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Yeah, I have this old Peavey 4x10 cabinet, that soudns great, but I don't know what ohms it is running at. It has 4 speakers, all work, and on the back they say:

137 7808

But, it does not list the ohms, does anyone on here know what it is?

2. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Try Peavey tech support at

You probably have enough info there for them to identify it for you.
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Can you get your hands on a multimeter? This isn't 100% accurate because we're actually measuring DC resistance rather than nominal impedance, but it's close enough to give you an idea.

Plug a speaker lead into the cab and measure the resistance. My 8 ohm cabs usually spit out roughly 6.8 ohms - which is closer to 8 ohms that 4. My 4 ohm cabs usually read at 3.2 or so ohms. etc.
  4. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Peavey used to make a 4x10 using 8 ohm Scorpions- they were really obvious because they had square aluminum frames with the corners clipped off and rounded; clearly visible from the front.

As fas as I know, their other drivers in the older 4x10 were OEM from Eminence and the same as their 2x10, which used 8 ohm drivers.

Peavey Parts can tell you for sure.

Are you sure this is a 4x10? The part numbers look a bit like 12" speakers.
  5. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    I would say it's 8 ohm speakers.
    I believe some manufacturers (eminence?) will have the impedence in the part number somewhere. There's not a 4 to be found in your part number, but several 8's.
    Just a guess, but seems reasonable.