Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Identify a fender bass..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zink182, Jan 3, 2006.

1. [​IMG]

the thread title explains it.. what bass is that ?

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Fender Jaguar bass?

3. looks like a weird fusion between a mustang and a jaguar, but its one of the only fenders i've seen that stick out, where'd you see that?

4. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

U mean Jag-stang? it looks nothing like a Jag-stang..

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's a Toronado. Oops. Maybe a Jazzmaster. It looks like some switches are missing.

6. that thing looks cool. its probably a custom shop. i don't know why fender doesn't make more basses like those, they're pretty cool and switch things up a little.

7. I'd suggest a one-off, custom-shop or otherwise. It has one of those double J humbuckers and a Jazzmaster-style body, minus the switches and stuff.

8. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

That's what I was thinking also -- especially with the bridge cover. It has the look of something non-standard. COOL -- but non-standard.

9. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    Yea.. a jaguar body.. one piece pickguard and no switches..

10. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    This may put us a little closer. Fender Japan just came out with the JAB-90 which has a jag body, but has two jazz pups instead. Now put in the pup from the Big Block Bass that Fender is making, then we have our bass. So it could be a brand new model available outside the US, probably in Japan. It could also be a prototype of something that Fender never put into production.

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/e_guitar_bass/jab_90eq.htm

11. both the jazzmaster and jaguar basses look sweet. the jazzmaster is definately a cooler version of the big block P, and i wouldn't doubt that it would sell alot better as well. i just don't get why they don't sell more of these types of things in the US? maybe they're testing it overseas first to see if they sell well or not.

12. minus all the the switches of the JAB-90, so it could be a differnet model of the JAB series or something? just a guess.

13. Roundwound

Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    I bet that's what it is. I'd jump on that JAB-90...There's nothing like either of those models anywhere on this continent. I think Fender would sell a few here in the states, as an understatement.

14. if you really really wanted something like that, but didn't feel like paying overseas shipping, i'm pretty sure you could get warmoth to custom route a jazzmast/jaguar body. although its not a true fender, it would still look very original.

15. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    plus the japanguitar.com one is missing a few frets ;)

16. I just found out that it's a custom shop bass.. it's in som compentsation or something series..

17. rydb

rydb

Jul 15, 2006
    Minx
    custom shop competition mustang/jaguar