1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identify bass in video - Anti-Nowhere League

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christpncher, Feb 22, 2021.

1. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I was watching this rock doc about the UK band Anti-Nowhere League and was wondering if anyone can identify this bass. the headstock is shaped like an Ovation but cant make out the logo. looks like a p/j setup with a unique pickguard

Attached Files:

2. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    reverse p pickup, chrome or brass bridge cover, metal surround on the j pup, double cutaway with bottom horn like an Ibanez Eagle, interesting cursive headstock inlay

3. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    3 knobs, 3 slider switches, & jack on the control plate. looks like brass tuners and possibly brass nut.

Attached Files:

4. Don't know why and how, but my first reaction to this thread was a google search for eagle bass and then - after the results - for bc rich eagle bass.
    At least the headstock reminds me a lot of some mij bc rich designs of the early 80s - same tuners as the Yamaha BB basses.

5. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the tuners look like maybe schallers? the metal piece around the bridge pickup and black with gold/brass made me think Yamaha BB bass as well!

6. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the body looks like a modified Yamaha but the neck is something else. this video is from 1982 if that helps. heres a pic of an 80's Yamaha

Attached Files:

7. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    That logo on the headstock looks super familiar...
    upload_2021-2-22_21-44-30.png

christpncher likes this.
  8. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    yes that headstock is pretty unique n someone here has to have one or recognize it.

9. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    the truss rod cover and headstock inlay reminds me of an early 80s Cort knockoff

10. upload_2021-2-22_21-44-30-png.png

enhance.png

Liko, Spectrum, Inara and 2 others like this.
  11. Matthijs

Matthijs

Jul 3, 2006
    Amsterdam
    That’s a blast from the past: urban aspirine! They were the top of what we used to call beer-punk. I had to go look and they are still performing! And no hint of growth in their mental age at all.

can’t find any other pic’s of that bass though. It probably didn’t last long?

satjhmo likes this.
  12. Reminds of of a Shergold Modulator, with Hayman 4040 pickups in it.

deff likes this.
  13. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Shergold

14. One the most shocking punk lyrics of yesteryear but funny all the same. Check out So What!

kodiakblair and RissKippery like this.
  15. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Shergold-ish, though I'm not aware of any that look like that bass. Especially given the headstock.

16. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob

Mar 2, 2020
    That bass looks heavily customized/frankenbassed to me. I doubt you can find a single model that will explain what you see.

17. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'd rest easier if somebody could just ID that logo on the headstock...

christpncher likes this.
  18. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    Makes you wonder what is the point, from a maker's perspective, of having a completely illegible logo. What is that? TL? JP? TJ?

Killing Floor likes this.
  19. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    i thought FL. the script looks like 2 words with a cross in the middle?

20. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    crop.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021