1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identify bass in video - Anti-Nowhere League

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christpncher, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:08 PM.

1. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    it sorta looks like the Shergold script font?

2. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    I was thinking... FS

3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Honestly, I was just throwing darts

4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I’m just here to say Snowman! I can’t help it, I love that song. And Magoo kinda musta listened to some R&B growing up. They were cool and really fun live.
    image.jpg

Skullheadrac and christpncher like this.
  5. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    did you watch the documentary?, its on amazon We Are The League

6. devnulljp

devnulljp Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2009
    BC, Canada
    Admin on the D*A*M Forum
    FFS maybe :D

7. There is a documentary somewhere out in YT land which looks at the background of the band members and they were far from your standard punk band. Some good character insights. I vaguely remember liking Snowman - I'll have to listen back.

8. Killing Floor

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Sorry, I’m a sucker for that Brit punk that had a lot of real blues rock vibe. ANL and the Subs especially. My opinion is that even though on the outside they may have looked like a bunch of hooligans the League were pretty tight. And the Subs were maybe 1 or 2 swear words away from legit stardom. I’d stack Charlie Harper and Nicky Garrett against any late 70s-80s front pair. True showmen. Probably same for the League but they were a little rougher. Dang I’m old.

9. Looks like Winston was still playing that neck in 1995.

7277058_1000.jpg

Skullheadrac, christpncher and Kro like this.
  10. 7280113_1000.jpg

One clue may be the three dots at the 12th fret marker. That's a somewhat uncommon 12th fret marker and could narrow down the search considerably.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 12:25 PM
    christpncher and Kro like this.
  11. On the same page with the Subs. I play CID, Warhead and Endangered Species in a band I'm in. Saw them many times in my youth and shared a good conversation with Charlie over a ciggy and a pint...and Nicky is so underrated as a guitarist. I believe he lives Stateside these days.

Anyway, sorry to digress on the thread.

Killing Floor and 2cooltoolz like this.
  12. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Are you talking about the same tune that Metallica has covered? If so, yeah...WOW lyrics. Then again, there's Misfits' "Last Caress"....

13. So it is...and then there's the Sub's Down on the Farm covered by GnR.

songwriter21 and Killing Floor like this.
  14. Killing Floor

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Right? You wouldn’t use a 7 for an F!

15. Apparently that's the "Manson" he talks about in the interview, which I can sort of see in the printed part of the logo but I can't really get how the squiggle relates to the name, unless it's just meant to be decorative.

upload_2021-2-22_21-44-30-png-png.png

knumbskull and wraub like this.
  16. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Looks like this sort of thing:

d3fe29d8226e32c638f2d1be78dcf427.jpg

aaah... so it’s the same company that builds Muse’s custom guitars. And has a JPJ sig bass.

wraub and christpncher like this.
  17. Yes, apparently still in business.

History of MGW

18. WestyBassBob

WestyBassBob

Mar 2, 2020
    It’s definitely not a Shergold logo if you ask me. To me it looks like FL in script form. Perhaps initials? Can someone just tell me where and when this band came from so I don’t have to watch the video? It’s a great mystery but I’m a busy man.

19. christpncher

christpncher

Mar 25, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    nice! that and the other article seem to confirm it was a Manson Guitar Works custom build.

wraub and LBS-bass like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021