Identify my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by weeding, Aug 6, 2005.

1. weeding

May 17, 2005
    This could be difficult, as I have no photos, but;

21 Fret
    Rear Jazz style pickup
    Front P style pick
    4 string
    3 chrome controls in a line contoured to the body (Rear PU vol, Tone, Front PU vol)
    The tuning pegs are along the top of a standard P-bass type neck that says "Samick"
    Metalic blue body w/ Jazz style black plastic pick guard extended to encompass the controls

Does anyone have any idea about what this thing is?
  2. Well, it's a Samick bass (they're supposed to be pretty good, othes can probably tell you more though...)

Sounds like a basic jazz bass copy with a P bass pickup in it to me...

How much was it?
  3. Uh, a Samick? I don't know, that'll be really hard without pictures (meh, even with pictures) as that seems to describe every other bass ever made.
  4. travatron4000

Dec 27, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Samick is made in Mexico at the same factories that the MIM fenders are made. Is basically a MIM fender only a little less expensive because it doesnt say Fender.
  5. weeding

May 17, 2005
    Coolness. I bought it second hand, for very lttle cash (ie. A$150). It's pretty dead, as the electronics are up excrement creek (the P bass PU control is stuffed and you get a nasty crackle every nown and again). I wouldn't be playing it, but the evil freight people have my new bass sitting in a wharehouse till 22nd. Grrrrrrrrr..... One very nice Ashton BA150 and no MM2 to play through it!