1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identify PU

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Valbrandr, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Valbrandr

Valbrandr

Mar 8, 2011
    Hello Friends- It has been a while since I have visited TB but I have a few questions.
    First of all I am a 50 yo geezer that has since retired from the tree service. Over 30 years of swinging around in trees with a chainsaw no longer appeals to this old man.
    I hope it isn't too late but I am trying to learn bass and I don't have anything fancy. I was wanting the MIM Fender with maple/lake placid blue but settled for the Peavey Grind 4.
    I like the feel and the neck-through design.
    Although I am a beginner I would still like to "hot-rod" a bit and wanted to know if there are any after market pickups that would fit the Grind without any router work?
    I prefer passive pu's. Also any suggestions for an upgrade on the pots would be appreciated.

My next question is can anyone identify the pu's in this photo?
    I looked up the LTD bass but the ones I see have what looks like active.
    hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlock_%28metal_band%29
    (wasn't sure if links are allowed so I changed the http)

They look like they might be real close to the size in the Grind bass.
    I am no expert but I do know Bill Lawrence,Seymour Duncun,Bartolini and EMG makes nice pickups.

Thank you in advance.