1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identify this bass please?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stone_ax, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Stone_ax

Stone_ax

Apr 18, 2010
    so I went shopping around for an acoustic bass today, but the first bass I came upon was a beauty and it was instant love.
    However, I can't seem to find any info about it online! It doesn't have any particular identification except that it's an Austin bass, but I can't find anything about Austin basses on the official website or elsewhere. Here are some pics:
    hjbr1.
    [Close-up on the body]
    [Another close-up]
    [Close-up on the head]
    Any information regarding the instrument would be appreciated - I'm just curious about it since I got a good deal on it and it sounds amazing. :p

-Stone Ax

RAYAR likes this.
  2. That is an Austin MB-4 Eclipse. Big name for a low-end bass, but they're really not all that bad. Not much to say about them. I think they're built at the same factory as Lotus, Telluride, and Silvertone, but essentially comes out as being the 'top-end' of the bunch. Kaman/Musicorp and Harris-Teller distribute them in North America.

RAYAR likes this.
  3. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Austin Guitars, owned/distributed by St. Louis Music, former parent company of Ampeg.

Budget-priced import line; most likely from Korea or China. Whether or not you got a good deal depends on how happy you are with it. If you like it, it was a good deal!

4. I have a Austin Les paul , one of the best guitars i have played and i played gibsons, for personal reasons i hate the name austin but love there instruments.

5. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    Not sure where you got Kaman or Harris-Teller from, but neither of those companies mention Austin among their distributed brands. :confused:

6. Stone_ax

Stone_ax

Apr 18, 2010
    Thanks for your help all :D That is indeed my model!

7. I misspoke, I was thinking Arbor, not Austin, hehe.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's a nice lookin' bass guitar. Is it weighty or lighter?

9. Stone_ax

Stone_ax

Apr 18, 2010
    It's much lighter than my Epiphone EB-3, shorter and thinner. It plays a lot faster :D
    Sorry if this doesn't tell you much, I've only been playing bass for three months hahaha