1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Identify this double neck headless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by allotabass, Apr 28, 2009.

1. allotabass

allotabass Guest

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

It's probably a cheap Chinese copy of a Steinberger. I don't think it's worth what he wants for it.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Seriously I would not pay more than $200 for that. It is likely to be of the cheapest construction you ever saw.

4. same pick up and pot configuration as these "Ktone" basses I've seen on the bay, but who knows.
    Ktone bass on the bay

5. but I also wouldn't spend that much on it, $500 could by so much more than a cheap double neck. just my 2 cents though.

if your really set on a cheapo double neck check out this "starfire" i found while doing a little digging on the bay.starfire double neck bass
    around the same price and at least this one has a name on it that I have seen before(not that i've seen any reviews or anything) but you could defret the 4 string and have an 8 string and a fretless 4 on the same bass:ninja:

6. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    That "Starfire" would be a Galveston, look at the bat inlays and body compared to their 12 stringer.