1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identifying bass effect? Phaser/Chorus+?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jtharp, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jtharp

jtharp

May 25, 2008
    Berkeley, CA
    Tetsuo Sakurai from Casiopea...uses some cool phasery type sounds. I haven't been able to dial in this one though...any ideas?

2. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Sounds an awful lot like a flanger, not hearing the phaser at all. Since this album was '79, my guess is that it's a big-box, original Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress, since it came out around that time. Fantastic tone, either way!

jtharp likes this.
  3. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    alecduncan and jtharp like this.
  4. jtharp

jtharp

May 25, 2008
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks guys, I bet its a flanger from the Roland multi effects unit

5. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    I'm pretty sure there were no Roland multi effects units in the 70's. It could also have been a Boss BF-1, but I don't know much about that pedal. You could probably get that tone pretty reliably with a high quality modern flanger, just slow it downnnn

6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Remember that phaser, flanger and chorus are all along the same continuum, with different value ranges for time and detuning.