Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Identifying my Aria fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by moley, Sep 25, 2002.

1. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Roughly a month ago I bought an Aria Pro II passive 4-string fretless from a friend of mine, but I can't find a model number anywhere on it - I was wondering if anybody could help me identify it. It looks a lot like the IGB-40 and IGB-50 on the Aria site - www.ariausa.com - with a few differences: no frets (obviously), black plastic tone & volume knobs (unlike the metal ones on the site), and the finish doesn't match any of the finishes listed on the site for those basses - it just has a wood finish (possibly mahogany, I'm not sure). The serial number starts S98 if that makes a difference, and I think he said he bought it about 3 yrs ago. Anybody have any idea?

Thanks,

moley

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Bump... Anyone have *any* idea how I could find out what bass I have? The Aria site hasn't helped, and I tried contacting them, and I've not had any reply.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Ok I'm bumping this one more time. Aria have been no help, they've not replied to any of my emails. Does anyone know anywhere I could look?

4. Can you post a picture?
    Someone might be able to help if they could see it.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I've taken some pictures of it. When I get them back, I'll post some.