1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ID'ing the drivers in an SVT410-HLF...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by georgestrings, Apr 1, 2009.

1. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    The title says it all - I'm thinking of buying a used SVT410-HLF, and I want to make sure it has OEM drivers in it... It's in great shape, and going for $330 - so, you know what they say about things that are too good to be true...

So, please tell me how to know if this cab has the right drivers in it - what identifying marks would they have???

- georgestrings

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ampeg uses Eminences, so look for a 67 followed by a series of other numbers. 67 is Eminence's EIA code number.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks, Jim - I'm going to pull a driver and take a peek before I complete the deal, and just wanted to know what I'm looking for...

- georgestrings

4. bassman251

bassman251

Jan 30, 2007
    Seems like a good deal.

5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    The SVT 410HLF should have Eminence speakers, with a large magnet and 'dished" backplate.

Part number 86-510-04.

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Thaks very much, Jerrold - I appreciate it...

- georgestrings

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

If those are OEM drivers in there, I'd say it is a pretty good deal - and I've wanted one of those cabs for awhile now... I'm just taking advantage of a resource like this to make sure of what I'm buying...

- georgestrings