Idioms and obscure references to the bass (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ArtisFallen, May 18, 2005.

1. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    I've been playing bass now for two years, but there's one thing i've never quite understood. What is the relationship between the bass and "GAS"?

are there any other obscure references i should know.

or just as a fun aside, just idoms in general?

also where does the phrase "where's the beef" come from? i've ran into this phrase about a dozen times this week, once on Right here on TB...

thanks y'all
  2. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    GAS = gear acquisition syndrome

Where's the beef? = a commercial for Wendy's restaurants in the 1980s
  3. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    OOOooooohhhhh..... :D

much better now.

thanks. that had been bugging me really bad....
  4. Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    You have unfortunately dated yourself! Lol, before Star Wars Episode I came out, I think I mentioned it in conversation to a younger person and with a puzzled look they asked, "what's Star Wars?" Now, I hope I haven't dated myself too much...

5. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    Yeah i probably did, I'm young, but I'm not that young.... just really really clueless...
    and certainly quite young enough to not know what star wars is... :rolleyes: anyone who doesn't know about star wars should be strapped down and have their eyes propped open with toothpicks while they watch all three of the old (read "good") movies
    No, no, sweet Concorde! Stay here! I will send help as soon as I have accomplished a daring and heroic rescue in my own particular...
    Idiom, sir?
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've dated myself. Not only was I a cheap bastard, but I didn't put out either! Man, was I horroble. I hope I'm not expecting a phone call from me. Well, would you look at the time! It's time for my meds. :hyper:
  8. ArtisFallen

Jul 21, 2004
    you know, i had to think about that one for a while.... i really didn't understand it at all... man i'm slow...