1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Idiot Box Landphil

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Holy F!!! How did I miss this?!?!! I just happened to want to see something on the whores freq fuzz and I went to the idiot box site and say this!!!!!

image.

It says on the website it's a more tweakable version of the blower box!!! I NEED this pedal. I'm so exited I leaked a little when I saw it! Haha.

2. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I saw that! I can't afford any of his stuff right now but it all looks really cool! I loved the tourbox I got two years ago. So many goodies!!

3. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Well after all those couple of binges I saw you tote on Instagram and such, I can see why ;) You got some prime stuff over there @jwr

I'm right there with ya though dude. I had to get that new car a few months back so its gonna be tight for me for a while. But I could totally find a way to make this happen if I think it'll overtake my BB. I love my BB, so we'll see about that. But this thing sounds pretty bad a$$. I REALLY want it. Just like everything else I get GAS for....

SirMjac28 and jwr like this.
  4. JCooper

JCooper ...meep.

Oct 21, 2009
    Vermont
    would love to hear it!

Crystalman85 likes this.
  5. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery Supporting Member

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    Resurrecting an old thread to ask if anyone knows what the other three knobs do.

On the website it says that they're an extra knob each for controlling low and high boost/cut and distortion, but it's never specified what that means.

What I'm hoping is that it's a center frequency sweep for each eq band, that would make this pedal truly amazing in the possible tweaks.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    So would I. I wonder how heavy this pedal sounds. I'm gonna guess it sounds Metal! \m/

7. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Heavy as a very heavy thing.

Crystalman85, JCooper and beer&bass like this.
  8. Can't believe I'm saying this but I actually don't like how it sounds in that demo compared to a regular Blower Box.

skydivingninja likes this.
  9. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

what don't you like as much?

10. The compression just seems over the top and messy in a bad way. I'd like to mess with one but I probably won't buy a new one.

11. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    It seems it cuts too much lows.

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I saw that clip the other day. it sounds awesome.

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Were you listening through good speakers?! Are you kidding? I listened through headphones and in my car and the low end sounded massive in both. Just like the BB.

14. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    a lot of boomies - yes, but it blurs the sound.

15. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    It could just be the demo.

To me, it sounded a lot like the BB just with more EQ. Which is what it is haha. I listened to it a few times actually. I felt it sounded the BB. That Rat'ish sound was there, the sag was there, the deep low end was there, the biting treble was there. So overall I think it sounds marvelous.

My one wish, and maybe that's what those new knobs are for, is/was that those were for mids. How cool would that be if it was like a Peavey amp EQ sorta, where it was like high mid/mid mid/low mid?!!?! I think it is like some have said already, they are freq sweeps for the high and low and maybe even effects the way the gain clips. I'm not sure still. I should message Matt and see if he could give me a definitive answer.

Fuzzbass and StayLow like this.
  16. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    it may depends on my headphones, it seems so. but OKKO Black Beast of Mr. Excane - it just perfect. i got it in my board.

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

YES!! Love the Blower Box, but there are times I wish it had mid control(s). Looks like the Landphil is huge compared to the BB, I wonder what else is going on inside?

Anyway, please post back if you hear anything from Matt about the new controls. Subbing the thread.

gregmon79 and StayLow like this.
  18. I haven't seen gutshots but I'd be really really surprised if the huge case wasn't picked just for aesthetics. Those huge enclosures are kind of popular among crusty bands for whatever reason so it makes sense.

StayLow and gregmon79 like this.
  19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I will for sure man! I know, I'm right there too, love my BB. The Landphil would be the only thing that would knock it off. Which brings me to my next point of HUGE......

Heck yeah it is!!! If/when I did/do get the Landphil, I will have to take something else off besides the BB as well. I think it will be worth it though. But yeah, I dont think some realize how large the box it. Have you guys seen someone holding it?! Its HUGE! haha

20. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

It makes MrExcane's hands look like the president-elect's. Ba-dump-psssh!