Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Idiot guitarist quotes MEGATHREAD!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Lots of idiotic statements about bass from g**tarists, right?

Lets just make a thread dedicated to them.

--------------------------

"I'm not questioning that there are different ways to play bass. I'm saying it's an easier instrument on the whole than guitar. I'm not trying to minimize the technical skill needed to play bass, but when I play bass, I can relax more than when I'm playing guitar without having to worry about my notes so much or which effects pedal to press when

If you put aside playing altogether, even the equipment you need is much much less than a guitarist or drummer. A big amp, the bass itself, and maybe an effects unit. That's pretty much it.

BTW, I've already heard that Bela Fleck song before, and Victor Wooten plays a very good funk bass. Though, my expierience is all with rock, specifically punk, and bass for that is 99% of the time played one note at a time. I know some german punk rock songs that would make you worship the tin whistle. " Mikhail Gorbachev

"Bass is the sh***iest rip off of guitar ever!"- my friend Shea

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I actually quit guitar because I thought it was too easy and dedicated myself fully to the bass because it was much more fun and also much more rewarding. Never knew it would affect me the way it did.

Oh yeah...I once heard a guy say "why do women like bass players? You are only strumming 4 strings!" :rolleyes:

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

As a quick follow up...I'm not sure how long this thread will last...it's a bit on the negative side.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    A megethread is when a Mod takes 20 million different threads that have the same topic & merge them. :)

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    After a woman threw water on Yngwie Malmsteen in an airplane after hearing him make derrogatory comments about gays, he said "She's released the f***ing fury!" :rolleyes: MP3s of it are widely available online.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    BLING!

;)

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    BLING! BLING!

;)