Idiotbox Dark Waves Echo Chorus pedal order question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jazznrick, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Hello,
    As the Dark Waves is an Echo Chorus I do not know where to put it in my signal chain.
    My chain is currently tuner>compress>octave>dirt>envelope filter>chorus>delay.
    I'm thinking it's got to be the chorus spot or after the delay. I just need to know. Thanks to all!! Dark+Waves.png

2. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    I've got the same pedal headed my way. The answer really is put it where it sounds best. I don't know how much of an echo this thing really is because there doesn't seem to be any control over it except for one knob. But regarding chorus, I actually find that with bass it sounds much better before dirt pedals, so my default is going to be putting it first in the chain. But the pat answer is put it where it sounds best to you because there are no real rules.

jazznrick likes this.
  3. jw23mind

jw23mind Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Reading MA
    No substitute for trying both ways, but I would say consider how you are using your delay pedal: if it's to create "space" like a reverb, then after chorus would work well.. On the other hand, if it's to create discrete repetitions of musical phrases (to create multiple sounding notes) then consider putting it before chorus; that will sound more like a chorused single instrument playing a complex line, as opposed to repeats of the chorus modulation (multiple overlayed chorusing at different point in the modulation cycle), and so might sound smoother/ less messy.

jazznrick likes this.
  4. rjovin

rjovin Supporting Member

May 27, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

Should be soon!

jason73 and jazznrick like this.
  5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The best thing to do is to ask the builder where he suggests you place it, but @2010P is right...place it where it sounds best.

jazznrick likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021