1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Idiotbox Repoman

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dbass10, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Hey all,
    I've been to the Idiotbox website a number of times recently and the yet unreleased repoman has got my attention for some reason. There is no current description and based on the layout I'm not 100% sure what it does (maybe a reverb?). Anyone out there know what AtariMatt is cooking up? repo+man.png

Fuzzbass likes this.
  2. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    I wonder where he got the idea for that color scheme.
    DFF37868-E6A9-4ED2-AB46-59AEF1E59179.jpeg

Peaveylover likes this.
  3. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Wrong. The "Repo Man" pedal got its inspiration from a scene in the movie "Repo Man" a cult classic that everyone should see. If anything the Way Huge got the idea from Idiotbox because Matt debuted the picture for the repo man like a year ago already. TO the OP, Matt does this a lot. Teases pedals that never see the light of day. I'd move on from the thought that it will be a real pedal. I can't tell you how many times he's done this in the past 5 years.

BeauZooka, Fuzzbass, Loring and 3 others like this.
  4. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Well I have a Blower Box that I really dig and I've been fairly curious about the Power Drive (though I don't see any love for it here on Talkbass). I also enjoy his kitschy star wars/funny/interesting pop culture references (ie Repo Man) so I'll probably keep tabs on it every so often. I didn't know about the "pedals that never see the light of day part" so that is good to know. I like your handle. I've got a USA Millennium 4 string that will never leave the stable!

Peaveylover likes this.
  5. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Thanks Blood. Yeah, over the years Matt has teased a bunch of stuff on instagram that never got made. his Lazer Phazer comes to mind. Keep checking in though. The fact that he has a price on it seems promising. I hadn't seen that before. My Peavey Love is for the amps, although I really want one or two basses in the future. T40 for sure.

6. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    .jpg For those that don't know here is a screenshot from RepoMan showing what Idiotbox and Way Huge copied.

Attached Files:

• .jpg
      .jpg
      File size:
      16.6 KB
      Views:
    JC Nelson, Spectrum, Fuzzbass and 6 others like this.
  7. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    I’m aware that Way Huge got the idea from Repo Man but he had been making the Effect Pedal enclosure for a lot longer than Idiot Box.

Peaveylover likes this.
  8. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Yeah I've got an old TB raxx pre that I like fairly well, but doesn't see the light of day much. If I could ever find a VB2 or an old classic 400 for a decent price I'd be real interested. The T40's are great, but they've gotten WAY too expensive in the last few years!

9. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    I have a Centurion that I love. I think it's one of the best bass amps ever made. I like it a lot more than my Gallien 800RB if you can believe it.

FaithNoMan and Dbass10 like this.
  10. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    I'll take your word for it. I think we can both agree that both builders got their idea from Repo Man and not eachother.

11. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Nice, I've been curious about those in the past. They seem to have a similar design to the Sunn Beta bass.

12. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    I don't know the Sunn, but the Peavey has a great bi amp capbility. I keep my lows deep and clean and just distort the mids and top end. Great sound and no need for a pedal.

13. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    The Han Taun is the best klone out there.

14. ^ +1

15. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    -1. Never liked any Klon on bass, and that was the first one I tried many years ago. I wanted to love it since it has a cool paint job, but it made my bass lose hella focus.

16. SLPimp

SLPimp An Injury to One is an Injury to All Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2020
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Shoot, now I'm at 0.

Peaveylover likes this.
  17. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Lol! Good one.

18. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    And the best thing about Repo Man is the Plugz!!! As long as we’re derailing.

19. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    The movie, and everything associated with it, is a total classic. Everyone should watch it.

20. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    I'm definitely guilty of the Peavey derail, but does anyone even want to hazard a guess about the pedal? Repo Man does rule I agree!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021