1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Idiotbox Repoman

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dbass10, Feb 25, 2021.

1. If you like the Repo Man soundtrack you might also like the tribute to the soundtrack. There are a couple of great covers on there. Mike Watt content too!

As for the pedal, maybe a phaser?

jw23mind likes this.
  2. DrMole

DrMole Supporting Member

Those colors are not the same...nor the layout of colors.

3. Loring

Loring Supporting Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    let's go eat sushi and not pay for it!

Peaveylover and Fuzzbass like this.
  4. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    "Let's get out of this BAD AREA"

Loring likes this.
  5. TrevorR

TrevorR

Oct 3, 2015
    Near London, UK
    Yes, cool film!

Now back to the OP... the name and controls scream “vintage tape echo emulator” to me!

Fuzzbass and Dbass10 like this.
  6. Erik herman

Erik herman Gold Supporting Member

The blasteroid fuzz is also one of the best Earth Sound Research Graphic Fuzz clones out there, it’s Identical! Which is also the reason I moved it on, it had to be on its own power supply, it was a pain!

7. Loring

Loring Supporting Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario
    Party pooper lol

TrevorR likes this.
  8. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Y'all are welcome to keep right on with movie or Idiotbox related stuff as far as I'm concerned! Since I have a couple peoples attention, does anyone have any first hand experience with the Power Drive? I'm particularly interested in some of the low fi sputtery sounds it seems capable of. I've seen Mr. Excane's Power Boost demo, but that doesn't have the same control set. I've also seen DemosAfterDark's guitar demo, but couldn't get a real sense of how it would sound on bass.

Loring and Peaveylover like this.
  9. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    You may have to take one for the team, but my opinion, not having played that particular pedal, but having played many with the same control/topology, you're going to get a middle of the road overdrive that won't sound appreciably different from a boss or MXR offering. I'm not saying the idiobox pedal is bad. I've never played it so I don't know. But it doesn't look particularly ground breaking or exciting, so chances are you will get a serviceable pedal that won't be too earth shattering. the voltage control might take things up a slight notch, but again it will most likely be a sputtery version of a pedestrian sound.

Dbass10 likes this.
  10. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    spoken by Duke the Punk, Dick Rude is his name and he wrote part of the script. "in the end, I blame society"
    "It's a lattice of coincidence, man."

BeauZooka and Loring like this.
  11. Warlock_Surfer

Warlock_Surfer

Feb 29, 2020
    The life of a repo man is always intense.

BeauZooka and Loring like this.
  12. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    We should organize a TB viewing of Repo Man on Zoom.

BeauZooka likes this.
  13. Dbass10

Dbass10

Oct 26, 2007
    Atlanta
    Took one for the team. Matt opened up initial purchases of the Repoman at $100 and I finally broke down and bought a power drive to check out as well. "I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. ..."

StayLow, René_Julien, Loring and 2 others like this.
  14. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    Here is Matt's reply regarding the echo

"Hey! What I did was tie the repeat and speed controls for each echo together. Rolling them clockwise slows the delay speed and increases the repeats. So there is sort of more control than the dark waves 1f642.png "

I just bought the last one.

AlexanderB and René_Julien like this.
  15. René_Julien

René_Julien Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    That control scheme sounds interesting to a delay-junkie like me.

I hope you have fun with it when it arrives.

AlexanderB and Peaveylover like this.
  16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021