1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

IEM clip

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Meyatch, Jan 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Where can I buy a clip to fasten my IEM cord to my collar? I used to use a clip that came with a wired hot hand, but I lost it, or it didn't fit my customs right, and then I lost it. I don't really know what its called to search for it.

2. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
  3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    FWIW - most folks [I know or have watched live] run the cable between shirt and back or between shirt and t-shirt.
    Don't think I can recall anyone using an IEM clip on their cable.. ..but if it works for you :thumbsup:

superheavyfunk and Scottkarch like this.
  4. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I run mine between shirt and t shirt...no clip needed. never been an issue.

s0c9 likes this.
  5. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    I run it down the inside of my shirt, down the back. I happen to use wired IEMs mostly.. I take the IEM cable and wrap it around abelt loop twice in case it gets stepped on it tugs on my belt loop, not up the in ears and has a chance to pull them out or unplug them.

I may very well start saving for my own wireless system better than our Galaxy. I recently purchased a DL32R and now that I'll have stereo IEMs, this may be the next thing go get.

s0c9 likes this.
  6. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    PM600, PM900 or Senn G3 :)
    DO NOT use the included buds, as they are single drivers. Except for the dual-driver SE425's included with the PSM900 system.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    FuturePrimitive likes this.
  7. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Is the 600 good? One came up for sale locally but I've been reading mixed reviews about it.

8. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    From what I have read, yes.. if you can find one. I've never used it, but it's successor is the PSM300. I had a PSM200 for a while.. but Shure has discontinued the PSM200 and 600 models I guess.
    Personal Monitor Systems | Shure Americas
    I'm guessing the PSM300 is the new "mid-tier" unit. Stereo (not dual mono like the PSM200), built-in limiter, etc.
    PSM 300 Stereo Personal Monitor System | Shure Americas

9. Meyatch

Meyatch Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I do that already. Still get an occasional tug on the ears.

10. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama, USA
  11. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I occasionally sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    I use one that I attach to my collar because I change basses during a performance and the straps tend to tug down on the earbud cable when I change guitars. I bought one I found on the internet but I had to drill the cable holder portion out slightly to fit it over the cable. Works for me and my earbuds stay in place.