IEM setup

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by MrUsefulAlien, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    I need some help figuring out my signal chain for a festival show tomorrow.

I usually go ampless, and the chain looks like this:

Bass > pedalboard >>>Aguilar TH pre (DI to FOH)> EQ pedal (for in ear bass mix) > right channel of Sennheiser G2 IEM (L channel for monitor line).

Since I don't have a signal splitter, how could I add a 4x10 + amp (GB shuttle 9.2) to that setup, potentially omitting the Aguilar preamp pedal, because of redundancy?

Could I go, bass >pedalboard> amp >>DI on amp to FOH >>> headphone out >EQ > workedwi IEM?

The key is that I want to have control over my own volume on the IEM mix, I have the Rolles pm351 for wires situations, but I'd like some solution for the wireless +amp idea.

2. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    Care to maybe link to the page that will give an answer to my specific question?
    Or you just want a few more clicks on your website?

3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    yes, you could use the headphone out.. however, make sure you can control the level going into the G2, or adjust the input side of the G2 accordingly..
    I know my Ampeg line out is WAY hot.. so be careful. Watch your signal levels, but yes.. it should work.

4. monkeyland

monkeyland

Jul 1, 2008
    Ft Myers, Florida
    Endorsing artist: Curt Mangan Strings, JH Audio
    I would use the pedal di for FOH and the amp di for your ears.

5. MrUsefulAlien

MrUsefulAlien

Jun 10, 2011
    Prague, CZ
    The headphone out didn't seem to work, for some reason. But the tuner out and effects loop send worked nicely.
    I think I'll have friend who builds pedals make an AB box for me with some passive signal booster. Since even with 0dB input sensitivity, I still I need to crank the Senjy receiver to 75% volume.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021