1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IEM's...Again, Specifically Livewires

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bassWR, May 13, 2010.

1. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Have any of you guys used Livewire 2 or 3 driver IEM's.

I know there is some contention about which are "the real" livewires.
    Livewires by EarPeace Technologies or
    Fidelity Custom Earphones. :ninja:

Apparently there used to be a marking agreement between the 2 companies but they parted ways last year.

I've talked to several drummers who rave about them specifically the low end performance but they don't seem to be sure about which product is the real deal.

We just went to the Aviom system so I need some custom fitted IEM's and at <$400 for triple drivers these are very tempting.

So educate me on any experience you have with these and what you know about which brand to buy.:help:
    Thanks fellow TBer's.

2. chrisp2u

chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    This thread should keep you busy for a couple hours (may have to go further into the thread to find the LW vs. Fidelity info) ;) ...
    http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/259853/livewires-california-dreamin/0

I think there are a couple others on that site too regarding the 2 different companies, the products, and issues (search around over there a bit more, if you haven't already). I was considering getting some LW's when they first came out, but never did. Then after reading about all the quality issues, customer service and wait times people were experiencing when they split, I held off. Figured I'd let it pan out for a while to see if things improved.
    ---
    c

3. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Thanks for the info This has stay away written all over it for now.
    From the thread it sounds like the triple drivers have all kinds of issues but the duals are really good. But the service issues could make you crazy.:rollno:

Anyone else?
    :ninja:

4. The Smith

The Smith

Aug 30, 2009
    I ordered the dual drivers at the end of 2009. They arrived about 2 months later; a rather long wait time, but the receptionist I spoke with on the phone several times was very friendly and gave me status updates whenever I asked. I'm a guitarist, but my bass player comes through VERY nice, rich, and deep. The custom fit was superb, though I suppose some of the credit for that is due to the castings my audiologist made. My one reservation was that the mids were a bit too strident. I solved this
    problem by running the signal through a Rane parametric and dialing back the mids. Overall, I feel like I got a really good product for a fantastic price. I would order from them again. A BIG step-up from my E2s

&#8212;Colin

5. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    which place did you order from? Fidelity or Livewires?

thanks

6. bassWR

bassWR

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    He ordered them from Livewires in California.

7. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    shazam thanks. I just ordered a pair of UM2 but I think I'm going to cancel and go with LW.