Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If all the bassists we're to be in a huge band...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Dream Works, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Toronto
    Last night I had a dream. No, this one wasn't with Japanese School girl triplets like the others ones. This one was sexier.
    I dreamt that all of the best bassists were in a band. There we're alot of em. Alot. Like it was an army and we we're all about to go out and take over the world. John Myung was there, Victor Wooten, John Patitucci, Tony Levin, Les Claypool
    Geddy Lee, Billy Sheehan, and since it was a dream, Jaco Pastorius was there to.
    So then I had an idea. My idea was to go on TB.com and create a thread pretending that a huge band was to be assembled, and you'd post which bassist would be there and why...
    Yes, I'm a loser, but I'm a loser who dreams about bass ^^

John Myung, since he has good support, sexy solos, self support on fronted tapping, ability it to use Chapman Stick, and d00d, he sounds like a pissed of rhino on testosterone.

2. That's funny, I was just going to ask why John Myung was in a band with all of those other really good bassists. The one thing he misses that the others have done, is that I have never shaken a part of my body (booty, head, etc.) to one of his bass lines.

3. I started playing bass 4 months ago. Everything was OK till last week when i started having dreams about women and basses. Women come now and then in my dreams, but basses i dream almost every night. The only dream i remember was that i was in my villa in middle of nowhere and that i had just got 5 brand new basses. I didn't opened them all, yet i managed to break an Alembic which got stuck under a sofa. :scowl: How's pathetic now?

Anyway, my vote goes to Les Claypool. Why? Well, he is the player which influenced me most, and besides he is one crazy fu**. He remainds me of me :cool: We're both cool

4. ...and we all took our amps and layed them face down. Then with thumbs at the ready, we targeted the E string and.....BOOOOOOOM!

5. and we'd need barry white for vocals.

6. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    id say al caldwell. he does some crazy sh*te with those 9 strings! and you always need an ERB in the band.

7. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    +1 for barry white

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Fieldy. Cause he rules.

9. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    MaRk HoPpUs! bcuxz hes liek soo punk lol :D blink182 rawx

I'd say Les too, because he's fond of little side projects and things. Whamola!

10. LittleJaco

LittleJaco

Nov 4, 2004
    id have to go for vicky

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Two words: brown note!

:rolleyes: :p

12. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Derek Smalls has to be there !

The reason is Derek would lead them all in a jam of the best what song a room full of bass players would play "...if you know what I mean" ?

13. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004

14. Hmm...I'm gonna go ahead and pick Flea because no one has mentioned him yet.

15. I`m goin to go with vic wooten on this one.

16. Anthony Jackson
    Victor Wooten
    John Patitucci
    Nathan East
    Jean Baudin
    Alain Caron
    Al Caldwell
    Bill Dickens
    Melvin Lee Davis

I could go on....!

17. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    +2 on Barry White
    and my vote goes to Mike Dirnt from Green Day.Pop-punk bassists aren't all that special, but Dirnt is pretty solid.

18. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Ordinarily I wouldn't agree with Fieldy, but hey, if we have no drummer the percussion has to come from somewhere =0)

My vote is for one already mentioned in the original post, but TLev would have to be there with Stick in tow. If you need a reason beyond "Tony Levin, duhh!" then I can't help you. ;)

19. Ryan Martinie cause he rocks and he's my hero! Cliff Burton for the same reasons!

20. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Four or five is not ALL. We need something like THIS:

[​IMG]

That's Dave Pomeroy with the All-Bass Orchestra, by the way.