Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If anyone's looking for a Stingray or Sterling...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rayzak, Mar 17, 2003.

1. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Way_of_opiatism posted a thread about getting his dream bass, a Stingray, and said they got it from GC for like $700. Well, I was in GC-Indy and they had my exact Burnt Apple that I got for $1050 18 months ago for $709. They also had a black with maple board for $699 and a Blue Dawn Sterling for $739:bawl: If only I would've waited. The salesman told me(and who knows if this is true) that Ernie Ball sales were way down, mostly guitar sales, but they're decreasing the price of all their products to try to spark an increase in sales. Just thought i'd pass this along in case anyone hadn't read the other thread.
    Oh, they also had the ugliest:spit: Sadowsky i've ever seen in their for like $1900, used. It was purple and just plain nasty IMHO, played great though.

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I was in a "bass only" store over the Christmas holidays and the owner told me that he was having trouble moving Stingrays. His prices were way better than G.C.'s at that time. It seems to happen to a lot of popular basses and gu#@ars at some time or another. I remember when (in the mid 80's) they couldn't hardly sell Les Pauls, then enter Guns&Roses and Les Pauls were expensive again.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Damn, wish I had some extra bones.....new for the price of ebay used!