1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If given the chance to rename yourself would you still take the name you were given ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 4, 2008.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

If given the chance to rename yourself would you still take the name you were given ? I did pretty well with my first two names but I would definitely change my surname.

2. i have considered switching the place of my middle and first name, but that would still make me, me.:D

perhaps ill start doing the pretentious first initial thing J. Daniel Matos :meh:

3. I'm completely happy with my Given, Middle and Surname.

I had a school mate named Rufus....not a happy camper, now he is "legally" Mike.

Although if my last name was Case, I'd want my first name to be Justin. :)

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    My first name is Justin.

Served me well enough so far.

I've threatened the girlfriend that our (eventual) childrens' middle names will be an hommage to 80's toys.

I certainly wouldn't mind having "Starscream" as a name.:meh:

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I got kind of ripped off in the name department. My first name is a common last name. My last name is a common first name. And my middle name kind of came to mean 'dork' after every adult I met with that name for better than the first twenty years of my life were dorks.

I'd pick something better. But I don't know what.

6. TiaBliaj

TiaBliaj

Sep 15, 2008
    My name is okay i guess but if someone says it out loud they expect to see a boy. when it is written out for people they dont make that mistake....I hope.

7. Nice to meet you Justin.

You totally have to call your kids Slinky, Hungry Hungry Hippo and Beetleborg.

8. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I had a 'free go' to do so when I became a citizen 2 weeks ago but passed on it. Too much hassle and I bet it would affect credit scores, etc.

Although, I never had a middle name and that kinda bothers me occasionally.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Likewise.:)
    Wrong decades for each unfortunately. What do they teach you kids in schools nowadays!?;)

There are quite a few other action figures from various Hasbro lines that will fit the bill in a pinch though.

10. Yes, I'd change it.

My first name is OK, but my last name screams:

ogre12b.

11. Yup you are right...I just jumped on funny names without considering the release years...

(oh, and btw, I was a "kid" in the 70's, fried my brains in the 80's, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.)

but it was kinda fun to be refered to as a kid again...thanks.

12. I was almost named Ridley by my parents. It is kind of odd but I think it would be a great name for a musician. Although I do like my first name I would consider chaging my middle name to Ridley, but I dont really see the point in changing a middle name. Or I could just use it as a stage name.

13. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I have no complaints. In fact, I quite like my name, first, middle, and last.

14. nope, im a happy camper :)

15. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    I might consider changing my surname back to what it was 100 years ago. For some mysterious reason my grandfather and his brothers took the name of an unrelated government official in a nearby town.

16. I like all my names fine but I wouldn't mind changing my middle name to Danger.

17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What was the original name?

18. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Jackola.

19. It's gotta be Max Power

20. TiaBliaj

TiaBliaj

Sep 15, 2008
    If you add another X it makes it more dynamic and powerful looking.

Maxx Power

=)