Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If God were to play a Stingray...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Aug 11, 2001.

1. [​IMG]

"Musicman NAMM 100th Anniversary Stingray!!! Inca Silver, Status Graphite Neck, Strings-Through-Body, String Mutes, Black Pearloid Pickguard. ONLY 100 Made: 50 went overseas, 1 went to NAMM, leaving 49 in the USA. Bass Central got 2, Teresa Reynolds of North Carolina got 1, leaving this as the LAST ONE LEFT! Already collectable! Retail $2350/Sale $2500 Delivered 2-Day Air to your door."

If I only had $2500 laying around.....

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    *yawn*

its not that great looking. the only thing that caught my attention was the graphite neck.

3. it sounds a little better then a Squier... :rolleyes:

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    man I wish everyone would stop talking about my squier. I think my Squier sucks, personally. Just because I dont have as much money as you doesnt mean that I think my Squier is better than all the other basses. I just think that Ive seen nicer looking stingrays (that grey finish is ugly) and this bass is no big deal.

I CANT AFFORD A NICER BASS THAN A SQUIER!!!!

ok?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    sure is! got it on sale for 50% off. now I will begin saving up for a 'ray 5.

6. The finish could be better in my opinion. And why the the hatein Every1tookmyname? lol I am j/j. I wonder how it sounds with the graphite neck. O i wish I could have that, but I would refinish it:p

7. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I dunno. it sounds like a stingray to me...I've played the sucker ;) not for very long, but it left me with a "meh". nothing spectacular but if I wanted a graphite neck and had to have the Stingray Sound...this thing is awesome. But, I think i'm a bit biased when it comes to graphite..I've got a Zon ;)

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    he'd need at least one backup bass.

:D

9. He'd probably want to borrow one of your 35-strings. :D

10. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I don't know, it makes me drool. I agree that the finish could be a little better and the string mutes could be removed (what's the point?)

11. B@$$!$T

B@$$!$T

Aug 12, 2001
    God would play a 7 string, because the number 7 in the Bible signifies completion.

Of course, he would only rarely venture onto the 7th string, because as we all know, he always rests on the 7th.

12. if god were to play a Stingray...

I'd kick his butt and steal his Stingray, sell it for $ 2000, and buy me a nice Spector / warwick. :D

13. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Then MAYBE I'd try one! :p

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    it sounds a little better then a Squier...

i'm not so sure it could sound better than this squier...

my japan vintage jazz is a monstrous tone machine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is onsale for only 220$!! if only i were in the usa!!

15. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Umm so what happened to the other 45 in the U.S.?