Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If I can't have fun here...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benbass, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I really am going to leave.

2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I second this

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Of course you can have fun here.

4. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    What rules have the threads that have just been closed broken? I'm tired of people whining about inane posts.

5. Danny R.

I totally agree, if some grumpy guy don't like this kind of posts just ignore it, i personally love to have fun, i have to deal with serious stuff every day, that's why i come to TB, to have fun, to meet cool people and to learn new things;)

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, this post breaks the rule about questioning mods in public. (We're going to assume, of course, that you understand the rule is in place to protect members and mods, and not to allow an absolute rule).

Threads can be, and often are, shut down, or deleted, when there purpose is served, the topic is hijacked, the question is answered, or it becomes a "freebie" free-for-all. That's all.

You can keep having fun, that's what OT's for. Just know that the completely inane will be shot down with impunity. Kind of a slipperly slope, I know, but we try hard to make it all fair and fun and nice and sunshine and roses. I mean, c'mon, are your britches in such a fit over some of those inane threads that you're going to leave? Drama.

And a couple were closed because they were political.

7. No doubt. Don't need no drama up in this joint, check yourself or git out!

8. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    I'll PM you.

9. Danny R.

OUCH, i'd leave if i were you Ben.......

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Questions regarding moderator decisions must be taken to PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.