Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If I had the money, I'd buy this in a second

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Sep 25, 2002.

1. I want this bass!

I would buy this in a second if I wasn't a broke 14 year old!

This is one of the best looking EB-2's I've seen in a while on EBAY.

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    killer bass!!!

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Funny how times change - when I was a broke 14-year-old starting to play bass there were loads of these things around and everybody hated them as they were very limited tonally - boomy thud anyone! ;)

I wanted a Fender but they were way out of my price range until I was 19 and got a Mustang, which was just about one step up from the horrible Gibsons - remember there were no Squier or MIM Fenders then! :(

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    It would look good on my wall

5. Acctully to tell the truth, If I had the choice
    I'd get an EB-O insteed of the EB-2.

6. joel

joel Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Ontario
    hey man

dont worry you'll get one.i'm 16 and just got a 2002
    Warwick Streamer Stage 2. just work hard and you'll come up with the funds .hope you can find one

joel

7. Hey,
    thanks for the kind words.
    I'm saving up for a pickup for my 80's schecter P-bass, but mabye I should go all the way and save up about $600 and buy a bad condition late 60's
    EB-O.
    AHHHH, that would be the life....

8. I guess I don't get it w/ the EB series Gibson basses? Short scale + muddy sound?

9. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    Hey, i'm coming 16, and i do dishwashing in the weekends, earns me about 100€ a week, gets me stuff fast, but not fast enough for me :mad:

:) :D

10. That one looks extremely clean! Almost all of the EB-2s you see these days are either quite worn or non-original. As far as Gibson EBs are concerned, I would probably take a good EB-2 over a good EB-0 or EB-3. That hollow body just can't be beat for the right thump!

11. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wonder if that is the original neck. doesn't look like it.

12. a hundred greenone a week or Blue ones in your case? how is that possible?

13. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    I'd Like to see it.

14. Hey 74, that is one nice looking bass, but, then again I'm nuts about semi-hollow bodies. I think you know what I'm going to say next: If you really want to get a semi-hollow that'll make you play so much you just might forget about eating, check out a www.casadybass.com

If you want vintage, get the EB-2. If you want unbelievable tone, get a Casady.

No knocks against EB-2s. ;)

Mike J.