1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If I have to hear one more thing about John and Kate...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Holy War, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Im going to blow my head off with a sawed off 12 gauge

MY GOD does the media need to lay off this stuff. How can people stand to sit there and watch that utter crap? Leave it alone and let them sort their own lives...NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!

2. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    +1

3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Don't hurt yourself. Just go to a cool bass website, and chill!:bassist:

4. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    10 bucks say they split cause they were on tv. That magnified EVERYTHING.

back to farmville.

5. Well... take-your-pick... It's either "All Jon & Kate" 24/7.. or brand-new and exciting minutiae about Michael Jackson or one of his brothers or sisters. . .:atoz:

6. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    I'm calling your bluff

:bag:

:D

7. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    probably a good bet haha.

But seriously, who lives such pathetic meaningless lives, that they have to be glued to the TV to see every little debacle between John and Kate. People need to seriously start living their lives, and stop trying to live through the lives of "TV" characters and celebs.

8. Who the heck are John and Kate?

Never mind I googled it.
    Pfft, they have a Wiki page.

The real question is why am I up at 3:30 am google'n "John and Kate".

9. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    It's a conspiracy man! :D

10. And because I googled it the ratings are going higher and there will be more John and Kate.

ZOMG!! Somebody one the east coast can't sleep because he's worried about John and Kate!!!!!!

I better go back to bead before I do more damage.

11. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Who?

... actually, never mind. :cool:

12. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Barbie and Ken are doing fine after thier divorce and the world was the same after Martin and Lewis split up. John and Kate, just another brick in the wall.........

13. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I have never seen their show and couldn't even tell you what channel it's on. But you can't even watch the news without hearing their names.

We've now reached a point in our society where not only do we have television shows based on nothing more than following a couple (who I presume have nothing else interesting about them other than having eight children) but they are deemed important enough to additionally have the minutia of their lives covered by the evening news?

WHAT?!?

14. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Holy War,...we get one of these threads from you at least once a month. I have a two step solution,...

1) Take that sawed off away from your head and aim it directly at your TV.
    2) Pull Trigger

I didn't get my cable TV transferred over to our new place when we moved,...I don't have rabbit ears or that converter box (another thing to plug in to watch TV? Seriously? I thought we were supposed to be saving energy.) I haven't watched TV in 2.5 months. I don't miss it,...it's an easy transition to make. I spend time here (and a few other forums) play my bass, watch DVDs, converse with my wife (huh,...human interaction,...a novel idea).

Not to come off as all holier than thou,...but have you turned your TV off for an entire day,...a week,...a month,....ever?

:bag:

I suggest you try it and a lot of dumb **** seems to disappear,...like the desire to own an overpriced gas guzzling SUV. The feeling of inadequacy that my Wife doesn't look like Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox (Thanks TB for introducing me to her :scowl:). You can't get away from it completely but disconnecting from TV will cut down on it by at the very least half.

You talk the talk but,....

EDIT: I seem to recall you being in the military,...did they have TV in boot camp?

15. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I believe it's Jon - no "h"

16. Who cares indeed. I'm also tired of all the other stuff about people who are famous mostly just for being famous (Paris, Brittany, Nicole, etc.) I'm glad I have a DVD player; I hardly ever watch broadcast TV anymore (except for 3 or 4 shows a week) and the rest of time TV is off, or I've got a DVD in the player.

17. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I liken these two to walkin, talkin, festering bags of bloated self important puke, one having a really ridiculous haircut. I don't get too worked up over it, but I can't stand them either. the Cult of Celebrity...where you're famous for no real notable reason. these people have had their 15 minutes twice over, and are stealing all that soccer mom's rollover minutes from those other lame AT&T commercials.
    rollover_mom.

18. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Yes, it's ridiculous that people apparently care enough to keep them in the news. However, the simple answer is to turn off your TV, don't click on those links on news web sites, don't read the newspaper articles about them, etc. If enough people had the brains to do that, then the media wouldn't be shoving it down our throats day in and day out. They're only presenting it because that's what the public wants to hear about.

Lowest common denominator.

:rollno:

BTW, maybe I'm just the right kind of sicko to think this, but there's something kinda hot about that AT&T mom in a frumpy, suburban kind of way ...

:bag: :eek: :ninja:

19. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Naw, Geneva Carr is pretty hot indeed.
    MV5BMTI2NDIxNjc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDk1Mzgy._V1._SX270_SY400_.

much better than this attention whore
    300_470870.

again with that idiot haircut. i swear a parrot exploded off the back of her head...

20. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I actually did manage to catch an episode or two of that show,...she struck me as a nagging beyotch,...Although I'd be pretty cranky if I had spit out 8 kids (6 of which in one sitting),....[shudders]. Other than that I found it largely uninteresting.