Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If I like my g&l, would i like a Ric?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by justBrian, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    The only way you'll really know is to try one out for yourself. A Ric is going to have a very different feel and sound than an L2000, if that's what you have.

I like this apple, would l like an orange.... :D

2. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I've got two G & L s and one Ric. Love em all the same. I will admit I do feel a little "cooler" when I've got the Ric on though! G&L can sound like virtually anything but a Ric.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    that's strange. it is not the first time i see G&L and rickenbacker named in this context. like one and like the other?

i don't know. first you should name which G&L are you speaking about. L2000?

i own both and i love them both, but they are completely different basses in construction, sound and playability.

keep in mind that i do not have a trademark bass i like. i am not a loyal player, i prefer to have some really different basses in my arsenal.

4. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    My thinking exactly Barrosa! Both are of excellent quality. And both are different from most things out there. But if you have them both with you, you have almost every style covered.

5. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Great, thoughtful response. Yes, it's an L2000 and I totally dig it. I also have a MIM JazzV that i play too (barts installed so it sounds awesome).

I love the way the Ric looks, and was just wondering about the tone/sound. I guess I really need to p[lay one. Thanks again.