1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

If I never make another dime playing music.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ......this would be payment enough.

2. That's really cool. Someone posted this clip recently.

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Whoa. That's great stuff.

4. I must've missed it. Oh well, it's worthy to be reposted IMO. :D

5. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Thanks for sharing! This is really good stuff.

6. dls59

dls59 Supporting Member

Wow. Powerful.

7. Well if that didnt hit me hard enough. Then i see all these vidoes on the side about people hearing for the first time.

8. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    awesome!!!!!

9. To see that guy open up and sing like that after being in an emotional comatose state like that almost brought me to tears. Really puts what we do and playing music in general in perspective.

10. That's amazing. It's so sad how people just go downhill when they get in nursing homes. Nice to see something positive come out of it.

11. JEBassman

JEBassman Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    That video was inspiring. Music is such a powerful thing!

12. That was really amazing. I had never seen anything like that before.

13. When he really lit up and started talking about what music meant to him, I admit I got a bit of a lump in my throat. Thanks alot man, that was awesome.

14. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    As a former volunteer at one (will go back soon though) it's easy to see why they go comatose. Friends and family often put them there to rot. They only visit on major holidays the majority of relatives who put them in nursing homes anyways. So the patients who are miles away from loved ones just close up. I saw it first hand. I loved the video though maybe we should give ipods to our residents.
    The best thing they got is a radio playing the same old oldies tunes. I don't think anyone likes it. :rollno: Staff or residents.