Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If I Only Knew...

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by godoze, May 6, 2005.

1. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    who is playing on this Keith Jarrett live recording i would be happy. I think it is Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette but I am not sure and i do not recognize any of the tunes...

blah...

2. It would be a huge help if you could be a little more specific e.g.: WHICH live recording are you talking about? :confused:

If you have a title and/or date, I would have thought that Google would be your best port of call. :D

3. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i have no clue which !

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Most likely it's that trio, since that's about all Keith's done for the last 25 years, other than solo work. There is one CD from a couple of years ago that is all original, improvised material.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    The only other live thing is that trio recording with Charley and Paul that they do MY BACK PAGES on.

It's funny to hear Charley use that much amp...

6. Are you sure it's not "I wish I knew" If so,the song is on the 1985 "Standards" Video, now out on DVD.

7. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    its got to be either charlie haden or gary peacock, should be quite easy to tell which... and if its CH then its paul motian, if its GP its Jack deJohnette

8. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    I have to assume that Don knows "I WISH I KNEW"...

9. I wish I knew, it,(pun intended) but I don't. I do know it was a song used in a Billy Rose musical,and it was written by Harry Miller and Mack Gordon.You can find it on Jamey Abersold Vol 71,East of The Sun.

10. I use to play I Wish I Knew when I was a teenager.
    Actually I played it one night with Bill Evans.....(not to drop names....Ha!)

11. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I do know that tune... and now i know that it is "standards."

thanks y'all... in my best philly accent hun...