Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Ed Fuqua, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    what does that make "a pale imitation at best"?

What hath I for thee? Why disdain, slight regard and anything that doth not ill-become the sender.

2. rockness

rockness

Jul 30, 2003
    Stratford, CT
    :eyebrow: "a pale imitation at best" is a disaster at worst and a mockery to say the least.

3. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
  4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    BAT(inna belfry) MAESTROSON seemed to feel he had maestroed the art of kung-fuqua, my commentary was to the effect that his attempts were laughably weak and witless.

Part the second is a mangleation of one of my favorite quotes from HENRY V. When a messenger from Henry delivers his terms to the French forces, the Dauphin (a former companion of Henry in their younger days) asks if the messenger has any message for him...

D:What hath Henry for the Dauphin?
    M: For the Dauphin?
    D: Yes.
    M: Why he hath disdain, slight regard and anything that doth not ill-become the sender.

Meaning should be pretty clear. Passive/aggressive is for chumps.

5. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    MISS TROLL?

Oh, the humanity!!

6. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Too bad... just goes to show once again that age doesn't mean maturity. AFAICT, There's wasn't anything worth getting argumentative about in the first place except that MYTROLLs ego got deflated. :rolleyes:

7. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm a little worried about you, 'stro. Those last coupla posts were sounding a little like "Flowers For Algernon".

Methinks you were probably just indulging in some crank yankin'. Back to the shed, now.

8. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    I wonder if he can post anymore. His sub-title/heading thing on his profile says "banned". Mayhaps our dear STRO got the axe?

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm guessing DURRL changes enough diapers at home without having to do it here.

Banned...I've done the same with the brat from across the street. Life's much better now.

10. "Forgive me m'lady, I took you for a joint stool. "

:confused:

More Shakespeare.

:oops:

11. Boy. Take a little vacation and miss everything. So I gather the guy who publicly villified me and then destroyed the evidence when he got caught is banned? While you're at it, ban Hardy, his invisible friend. (my daughter had one when she was 4.)

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    what does that make "a pale imitation at best"?

What hath I for thee? Why disdain, slight regard and anything that doth not ill-become the sender.

13. Haha, reminds me of that dejavu sketch Monty Python did once.

Yeah.

Reminds me of that dejavu sketch Monty Python did once.

14. kip

kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    "if you can be anyone you wanta be, why'd you want to be someone else?" Anon

15. There've been 'time-outs' awarded here before, perhaps My Stroh's ban is only temporary?
    Like, till he goes back on his medication.