Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by dragonbass, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I'm sorry for anyone who has to waste their time reading this but............

Does anyone else find it annoying to look through the for sale posts and find old threads that are still there knowing that these basses were sold months ago.

I know that this does not belong here but, It seems like noone is doing this. If you feel you need to move it then do so.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    cant say its ever bothered me
  4. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    You know, I don't mind old threads being there, but it would be nice if the seller would notate that the item was sold. If I was looking for a MTD, it would be nice to know if any of them have sold in the last 6 months, and how much they went for. Likewise, if I was to sell an effect pedal, I could see what the going rate for them was.
  5. Atleast annoucne it was sold and have the thread CLOSED...now that would be nice :)
  6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    exactly, it's nice to see what the going rate is/was.

So, please update them once sold. But I don't mind them staying there.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Better yet, PM embellisher and he'll delete it if people can't figure out how to do it.

Edit: Just making sure people know who's minding the store...
  8. I was thinkin announce it and close so people can review the sales and stuff on it ;)
  9. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    You know what....

You Guys are right....You don't have to delete the post, Just UPDATE that the product has been SOLD.

It will be a good reference point for anyone looking for a similar product.:cool:
  10. monkfill

Jan 1, 2003
    Kansas City
    Would be nice to be able to edit the thread title as well, to indicate that it is sold, show a price change, etc.
  11. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I agree, definitely
  12. Since everyone agrees that a thread shouldn't be deleted if an article is sold,
    shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to "IF IT SOLD - MARK IT SOLD" or something like that?
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good call! Done.
  14. ric426

ric426 Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Don't know if this would be practical or not, but wouldn't it be possible to set up another forum to hold the items that have been sold, and then move items over there as they get marked as sold? That way they wouldn't show under the For Sale forum, but would still be accessible for later reference. The initial move would probably take alot of work and time, but there wouldn't be any time constraints and could be done gradually. It might remove some congestion here, and might make it easier to find previously sold gear.
    Just an idea that popped up unexpectedly in the fog of my mind. I almost ran into the damn thing! Back to the fog now. This lucidity stuff makes my head hurt...
  15. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Here's another idea:

If changing a thread title either can't be done or can't be done reliably by the thread starter, how about the thread icon? If this is changable by the thread starter in an existing thread, then TB could add an icon that says "SOLD", and the seller could switch the icon after the sale by editing the first post. Also, when looking at the forum's list of threads, one could immediately spot all the sold and available items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.