Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If Mozart can do it, why can't I?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Feb 11, 2003.

1. He spells musik the kool way, but for some I reason, I'm treated as immature and childish when I do it.

It's not fair.:(

2. He spoke and wrote in German. We speak and write in English. "Music" is the commonly accepted English spelling. Deal.

3. Quite frankly, spelling a word incorrectly because you think it's "kool" is both pretentious and childish. It has nothing to do with fair.

If you want to aviod people treating you as if you are immature and childish, have something to say and say it properly. Forget about being "kool".

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can do it if you're a multi-million $ Nu metal [sic] outfit called...<b>K</b>oRn... :p

Oh, and I can do it, cause I'm German. :D
    Mozart was Austrian btw.

Ich liebe Musik! :)

5. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    he was a genius, you're not .........

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    And he's dead, so he's not around to hear the taunts!

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    ~Insert joke about decomposing here.~

8. Birds fly over the rainbow,
    why then, oh why kan't I. :p

Mike :D

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Actually if you've seen the film "Amadeus" - this shows why a lot of people thought Mozart was childish and immature as well!! :D

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Or heard his funny "coffee song" :D

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Well, it's true. Amadeus is known for being childish & immature.

I hear Mozart is too :D

12. Bruce Lindfield

"Shaffer presents him as childish, arrogant, and foul-mouthed; admittedly, he is gifted, but too boorish and impulsive to be successful at the imperial court. He is a genius and "an obscene Struwwelpeter" (Adair, 142) at the same time. Yet, the play does not show Mozart in a bad light altogether. We are presented with a quite ambivalent picture of Mozart as a child-man. A Mozart with an anal fixation. A Mozart as a permanent adolescent. A Mozart who used foul language, who had a sharp tongue, who was notably ungenerous about his colleagues, who was a womanizer and, at the end, a poverty-stricken alcoholic. "

http://makuro.mak-sima.com/teksty/amadeus/3_4_2.html

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

A cross between Jaco & Michael Jackson? :D

Or, a cross between Jaco, and Jacko... :)

14. Bruce Lindfield

Wacko and Sicko?! ;)

Still, it goes to show that even the geniuses can't get away with childish and immature behaviour, without being criticised - so the rest of you have no excuse whatsoever!!

15. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LOL. But, people like Jaco & Mozart and MJ too, *can* get away with it - up to a point. People put up with a lot of **** from Jaco, because he was Jaco.

But, there does come a point, when it goes too far, and people won't put up with it. At which point, Jaco couldn't get gigs.