Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If not a Aguilar DB359, what ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkateer, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Ebay misadventure. Got an Aguilar GS210 cab enroute to pair with a DB359 from ebay that unfortunately arrived damaged and as of tomorrow will be somebody else's problem. The question is: If not a DB359, what? If you were tempted by a DB359, what other heads would you be looking at?

2. I have very much the same question...except with more power...

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well, Fred at Divided By 13 is now making a sweeeet Ampeg like head in the Aguilar vein.

Fred's an new comer guitar amp guy who first got acclaim outfitting lots of LA studio cats like Paul McCartney's right hand man, Rusty Anderson, and Beck's foil, Lyle Workman, and a few of Alanis Morisette's sidemen. he's even built a few amps for Jakob Dylan of Wallflowers fame.

if his rep on guitar amps is any indication, i'm sure his tube bass amps rock just as much!

http://www.dividedby13.com/tbl200.html

other than that, you could always go the Mesa 400+ route.

if you dont mind going lower wattage, there's always my fav, a 60 watt Alessandro Basset Hound. simply AWE-INSPIRING tube tone.

4. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    mesa 400+ or mesa 400 or mesa D180

5. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    How much do those Divided by 13 heads cost?

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    dunno, but give Fred a call. heard he's a nice cat.

a few of us on the PRS Gear Forum have been drooling over his ERT33 and FTR37 amps for a while now. and the bassist in me is starting to go GAS'y for one of his bass heads... :p