Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If someone could give me feedback on reverend basses, I would be a happy rabbit.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skankinrabbit, Aug 26, 2000.

1. skankinrabbit

skankinrabbit

Aug 26, 2000
    Hey, I'm interested in maybe buying a reverend rumblefish bass. has anyone played these before? What was it like?

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    After all is said and done. Bottom line, buy one! You won't be sorry.
    Cheers

3. skankinrabbit

skankinrabbit

Aug 26, 2000
    thanks alot. next time i'm in the vicinity of Guitar Center, I'll have to try one out. Does anyone know anywhere that might carry these in bug-eye black?

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Welcome to the board, Skankin.

If you perform a search under the keywords "reverend rumblefish", you'll find a thread in which the subject has been discussed almost to a point of exhaustion.

The only place I know that carries Reverends is a place in the Bay Area called Rocker guitars. I don't know how helpful that is to you, as you have not filled out your profile yet.

Will C.:cool:

5. Hey Skankin'..
    Like Big Wheel said, check out the previous threads on Reverends.
    That said, BUY ONE! I have two, they are the only basses I own and I love them. If you buy one, I highly recommend getting the XL model, with the three-way selector. Very versatile. It nails the Jazz bass tone to a T, and does a mean MusicMan as well.
    The only Reverend dealer in Texas is located in Austin.. if there is not a Reverend dealer within 100 miles of you, Reverend will sell to you direct. Check out their website for more info on that.. http://www.reverendmusical.com
    Good luck!

6. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD

Aug 19, 2000
    I have had my Rev Rocco guitar (2 coil-tap humbuckers) for 3 weeks, and it is THE most amazing sounding/playing/feeling guitar I have EVER played, new OR vintage. Play one and you'll buy one!!!

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I had a Rev Rumble for about 4 months they are great basses with awesome tone great craftsmanship nice price I say play one if ya like it pick one up. I sold mine to get a Rickenbacker but the RIC is something I have always wanted for a long time. Rev was a great bass while I had it, it just didn't make the cut I'm sure I'll own another one someday down the road.

[Edited by Funkster on 08-29-2000 at 10:31 AM]