If the SIB Fatdrive pedal is so good, why don't they make it anymore?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ukiah Bass, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Title says it all. Is this pedal as good as they say it is for adding tubey tone to a solid state amp signal?

2. You might want to email them directly. I think the raw parts to make them might be high for the small quantities they're working in. I still miss my Echodrive, which I shouldn't have sold. One of my few gear regrets really.

3. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Their website http://www.sibfx.com/ claims production will be resuming soon. No response to email.

I'm interested in hearing from Fatdrive users whether this pedal is "the one."

4. They've been saying that for years though. If you can grab one do it. It's not going to be as nice as a high end tube preamp but it is very nice and does make your signal much smoother than you'd expect for some small pedal. Not overrated IMHO.

5. faceinbass

faceinbass

Apr 20, 2008
    KCMO
    REALTUBE BLUETUBE done.

6. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Had that and the Overdrive Electronics Vlavegrinder...those two were devastating together.

7. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    you're saying this is just as good / better than the Fatdrive? Can you elaborate? Thanks.

8. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have owned the Fatdrive, the Blue Tube, and several other tube preamp pedals/modules. The Fatdrive was good, but it was not good enough to bother waiting for or hunting for. DHA, EBS, Effectrode, Maxon, Plush, Swell, and several other brands make tube preamp pedals/modules that are just as good as, or better than, the SIB.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021