1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If There Was One Track That Floats Your Boat?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Syncopation, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Syncopation

Syncopation

Dec 13, 2016
    New Orleans
    I came across this track a couple of years ago, and I've been obsessed ever since. I am pretty sure its Jerry Jemmott, But could be Chuck Rainy. Either way, one of the coolest bass tracks.
    How about you? WHAT IS YOUR COOLEST BASS TRACK?

fretlessguy likes this.
  2. Heart of the Sunrise (YES).

Syncopation likes this.
  3. Syncopation

Syncopation

Dec 13, 2016
    New Orleans
    WOW! I totally get it. That's insane. Very tight. I could never be that precise.

fretlessguy likes this.
  4. Lovely Rita and Being The Benefit Mr Kite.
    I play bass cause that.

Syncopation likes this.
  5. Syncopation

Syncopation

Dec 13, 2016
    New Orleans
    Here is another one. I was probably about 16 when I heard this. Fat, FAT, bass tone. I'm not sure, but pretty positive it's Chuck Rainey. I always was a sucker for "Blacksploitation" Sound tracks. :)

6. I saw how truly inadequate of a bassist I was trying to learn Chris's parts. It's like trying to learn a symphonic piece by ear or something. It gave me an idea of how much of a master he was with the bass. Yet, he always made things look easy. And just to think he was singing, playing bass and bass pedals, and turning various effects pedals on and off the entire time.

8. I agree it was probably Jemmott, but could have been Rainey. It was not unususal , with the shoddy record keeping of the day, to get session musicians confused. Sometimes more than one would play the bass track and the producer would pick one over the other and the wrong bassist would be given credit. Same thing went with Carol Kaye and James Jamerson. History repeats.

Syncopation likes this.