If there's one thing Warwick ever did right...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Dec 23, 2004.

1. It's the tool-free access plate things in the back. How I loathe unscrewing five things everytime i want to change a battery now. :ninja:
  2. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    If you ever need to replace a battery in a hurry you deserve to be inconvenienced. They don't exactly fizzle and die instantly. But yes the tool free back is a smart idea. Check out the magnetic battery box on dingwalls.
  3. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Music Man is pretty convenient as well.

4. Whassamatter, the cold canadia getting to you? :p

No, my battery on my brice just died and I got rid of my Warwick. I went to slip in fingernail in there and realized I actually have to go downstairs into the garage, (the cold garage, mind you, with barefeet, mind you) and peck through the toolbox to find a screwdriver. :scowl:
  5. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Yes it is fricken cold up here. Thanks for reminding me.

I was smart enough to buy only passive basses. Mmmmm. No going out to the garage for screwdrivers for me.
  6. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah, i used to have a bass that you'd have to un-screw to get to the battery, but now with the warwick i have, you just push back the little plastic clip and your in.
  7. My Yamaha TRB6 and MTD fretless have easy-access battery compartments. Those rule.
  8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I thought the one thing Warwick did right was copying the Spector NS curved body! They are very comfy for a hops and barley enhanced mid-section! :D
  9. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Stop slating warwicks..
  10. _Unregistered_

Nov 3, 2004
    I have an original Tobias Signature, and you have to unscrew the cover to replace the battery. Oh yeah, it's a real pain in the neck (a whole 3 screws!)...but only when I have to replace it, that is...the little detail of course being the fact that I can leave that bass plugged in ALL @#$% YEAR LONG, and the battery is JUST FINE.

God forbid, I forget and leave the Warwick plugged in for two days in a row, and I'm cursing the expense of replacing not ONE, but TWO FRIGGIN' BATTERIES...but oh yeah; that little plastic door thingy makes it all better. :meh:
  11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    My Yamaha and Carvin also have "easy access" battery compartments.
  12. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    should get into habbit of replacing the battery every time you wax youre warwick! Then you would be set. Times itself out best.
  13. :eyebrow:

How did I "slate" warwicks? Hell, I own one. :rolleyes:
  14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    I suppose that is a positive slant to Warwicks control plate cover. The negative side is that when the plastic taps break off it sure is a pain trying to keep the cover on! :eek: I'd have much rather seen screws on the control plate cover and a separate battery compartment.
  15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
  16. blaire

Jul 15, 2003
    The land of Rice
    I think the new ones anyway, mine still has a metal plate with 2 screws.
  17. bleepo

Feb 6, 2003
    my Thumb had been modified by the previous owner. No longer the plastic tab, now they are roadworthy screws, with brass inserts. He also had the tailpiece widened to accept larger gauge non tapered strings. I like it this way.
  18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    he refered to the one posting before him, Slater
  19. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Another good thing is the Just-A-Nut.
    I also like bell brass.
    And they brought wenge to the mainstream, too
  20. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    My Status has one of those, too. They're pretty handy.