1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If there's one thing white people hate....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, May 13, 2011.

1. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    ......It's discrimination.

I found this: and thought it was rather bizarre. I guess maybe I'm just not a typical example of a middle aged white guy.

White Americans See Anti-White Bias on the Rise - Ideas Market - WSJ

It would seem that since white people are so sensitive about being discriminated against, that as a whole, they'd be more sensitive to the subject as it applies to everybody, don't you think?

2. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    White people. Can't live with 'em. Can't shoot 'em.

5StringBlues likes this.
  3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

WSJ is now owned and operated by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.

Draw what conclusions from that you will. :D

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Sure ya can!

I know people who have done BOTH. :D

5. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That's a question I can't answer since I'm not white. The only thing I think of is that if people are used to doing things a certain way or being able to act certain ways, then no longer being able to act that way or do certain things will seem like discrimination to some folks.

To put it in a non-racial context, men have often been resentful of women demanding their rights or demanding that men stop doing things that they have taken for granted.

6. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I just find it odd that black folks say it's gotten a bit better for them, and white folks say we've pretty well stamped anti-black discrimination out entirely.

But now, the white folks are feeling all oppressed. It's just bizarre......

7. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
  8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  9. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Us whites have been held down for so long. We need to rise up, my brothers!

10. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
  11. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    This study suggests that people are self-centered, prideful and egotistical. I read that in another major publication, but it has been widely discredited in the last generation.:)

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont know Phalex, I did a google search and..

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    But it's true. Leave us white folk alone and give us our country back!!!

Slow down....way down. I'm only poking some fun at the WSJ article and the enlightening article from L-A.

-Mike

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Hey, I work for Rupert! (no really...:bawl:)

In regards to the article though... meh...I think that there's maybe a little more discrimination towards white folks than in the past, I have certainly been in more than a few situations where I felt that I was being prejudged, labeled, and permanently stamped as "bad guy" just based on my race alone. I don't like it to be honest, but then again even at it's worst I probably have maybe 5% of what a person of a different race experiences every day so ..yeah...meh..it's nothing.

This is in my own experience in my own little corner of the world so I cant presume to be smart of enough to proclaim this as reality across the board though, so draw whatever conclusion from it that you will.

15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    White people who have the unrealistic attitude that they are so above every one else because they are white, should exsperience discrimination. Some times when one doesn't exsperience the level of social pain that so many other have, really should get a taste of the pain.

It's just a lesson in truth.

16. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    Being a 33 year old white male I would think it was in poor taste for me to cry about any perceived discriminiation. Even if it has happend, I wasn't aware and probably wrote it off as someone just being an ass**** in general.

I would like to see a survey measuring the intra race discrimination and it's effects/affects within the black community. It has been brought up a couple times recently on ESPN with Jalen Rose's comments about the his perception of Duke basketball players when he was w/ Michigan and then again more recently with Bernard Hopkins criticism of D. McNabb. It seems that not being "black enough" is an issue these days too.

17. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Not being black enough for some has always been a big issue. That's as old as racism itself.

18. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    How so? Asking a serious question here. As you can see from my first post I have zero frame reference.

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Well the basics to the issue is that some blacks feel that if some blacks don't talk, speak, act or dress a certain way that you're not black enough.

Even some white people are thrown a loop when they hear or meet a black person and they feel that their not speaking of a way that they thought blacks should speak.