1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If there's one thing white people hate....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, May 13, 2011.

1. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I cant say Ive experienced much actual discrimination from being white, other than growing up around a bunch of hispanic and being the 'guero'. Even then, I cant really call discrimination, its just the way things were.

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
  3. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    Well yeah, I understand that and have experience with it. I was referring more to WAY back when. Before any civil rights movements and the like.

4. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Peanut butter. White people just hate pee nah buttah

5. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    Working tobacco here in KY I was usually the only non-hispanic around, other than the farmer. I came to be known as the "Buracho Gabacho".

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Having been around during the civil rights movement of the '60s, I can say that things have gotten much better for blacks and other etnicities, but racial discrimination still exists against them and, in my opinion, it is still much greater than any discrimination against whites that may exist.

Some of the feelings whites are purported to have may arise from the elevation of other ethnicities, leaving whites with less power and influence than they're used to. To me, people are people, and I don't pay much attention to their color.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Well back then there were blacks who felt the same way. And even had more heartfelt resentment towards other blacks who they felt where A kissers when it came to white people.

8. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    As a 38 year old generic white guy (family has been here long enough I can't identify as Irish or German or Scottish American), my take is that any white male that whines about being oppressed is full of it. I see a lot of white guys b****ing about 'having to apologize' for things done in the past that had nothing to do with, having to apologize for being a white male, and this that and the other.

Well, I don't feel victimized by recognizing that as a white male in America, by nothing more than an accident of birth, I'm at the top of the social and economic pecking order in most ways. I don't feel bad about it at all because I had no control over it. That said, I recognize that when I walk down the street no one ever crosses the street to avoid me. I can get a cab. If people make assumptions about me it the worst is probably that I'm another tight-ass white guy. No one assumes by looking at me that I'm lazy, or shiftless, or maybe a criminal. I don't even think about it.

9. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    Fair enough. Thanks for the enlightenment.

10. Drunk frog?

11. I just love the honesty coming from the white guys in this thread!

12. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Exactly.

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Dude! Seriously?? :eyebrow:

2 things that most definitely go together are peanut butter and crackers! :scowl:

14. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    Gabacho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As it was explained to me, it's a pretty derogatory term in Mexico although I never took as such and never sensed any ill will from them.

15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Jalen Rose simply did a poor job of describing the resentment he felt towards young black men who had more advantaged upbringings than he did. Bernard Hopkins is an idiot.

16. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I wasnt serious. I love peanut butter. Crunchy, preferably. ~AWKWARD~

17. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Great post

18. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    This was the consensus on PTI yesterday too.

Well guys my workday is over and being true to racial stereotypes I have to get to the golf course. I'll check back in later. Have a good day everyone.

19. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Is the golf course in the middle of the tobacco or marijuana field? :)