1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If there's one thing white people hate....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, May 13, 2011.

1. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Could we please stop race based generalizations? Thank you.

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    +1

Feelings of discrimination and allegations of racism against or on behalf of an entire race or creed are individual feelings, not all of one race's feelings. It's sad that we still make such generalizations. IMHO race relations have come a long way in US, but have a long way to go as well.

3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    My feeling is that at some point far into the future, we will be all one race and one color.

4. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I have always felt this way. Of course it will take many generations, but as racism subsides (not to say it is gone yet) this will happen.

I would say, IME, my generation is by far less racist than my parents generation. I live in nyc so I am only speaking about here, fwiw.

I am the son of a half Mexican mother, and my wife is Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Arabic. She is dark skin and I am light skin. I don't know another time in history where our relationship would be socially acceptable.

5. But what if they actually are suffering that on a regular basis? What if they actually are trying to get up off their butt and do something but someone complains that they are always crying foul and and oppression so they ignore them? What if there actually are ppl that sit in powerful positions that have decided that noone else that looks like them or a certain color will advance under their tenure? I find it hilarious that ppl will generalize on one end but when a racial instance that provides proof to what they were saying, its all of a sudden specific down to that one individual's thinking.

I'd like for you to expound on your last sentence if you will. Im quite curious...

6. Actually Tupac, racism is the belief that one's race is superior to another's. And I highly doubt this generation worships blacks lol. I think along the yrs it has just become more and more acceptable to like things that are associated with the black culture. Historically, anything associated with the black culture was shunned upon, due mainly to wanting to discredit them as equal people after the fall of slavery. Over time, alot of those barriers have been broken. I dont think its a realization of new phenomenon's as a realization that whats already there is okay for anyone.

7. CDweller

CDweller

Oct 24, 2009
    Clearwater, FL

Milk just flew out of my nose onto my computer:D

8. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    +1 well said

9. :confused: His last sentence is clearly a reference to his first 4 or 5. You might be reading too much into it.

10. Racism isn't racist.

That being said, lol at this thread.

11. Im NOT reading into it, which is why I asked :). Actually, since you cosigning, his first sentence makes no sense when compared to the OP, which I must assume hes referring to, since he didnt quote anyone. What does white ppl complaining of discrimination have to do with ethnic separation? Also, hes basing the future of the country on a TV show about prison segregation :confused: I would just like to get a more clearer picture of what HE means by that.

I always see this as a cop out. Mainly because, historically, minorities didnt have much of a say in society. It doesnt take much googling to learn about blackface, colored only segregation, Georgia Indian Laws, Chinese Exclusion Act, etc. It was a time when how any minority felt didnt matter, and the majority didnt care because they were the ones still in charge. When you on top, you dont necessarily have to care about those under you. True theres an issue with sensitivity, but it also walks a fine line with, the thought of "We dont have to deal with this anymore".

12. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I think you hit on a very good point. We tend to simplify race relations in the US to a black and white issue. A minority is an under-represented group.

Attached Files:

14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    One thing white people hate? Being called racist.;)

15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Especially if they happen to be, deep down inside.

16. You didnt clear up anything, because like I said, IMO his statements dont correlate well with the OP's question. I asked him to EXPOUND on what he said, not clear up. Theres a difference :). Also, where did I have an opinion on you :confused:? You thought I didnt understand him when in actuality, you didnt understand what I was asking. Also one could not easily draw a line between the two, partly because in order for one to discriminate, they must contain some form of power over another. Just because an ethnic group divides itself doesnt necessarily mean it contains an area of power to enforce discrimination upon another group.

17. notverygood

notverygood

Feb 11, 2010
    You may be joking, I can't really tell. If you are then :), if not then :mad:. I think it's funny on threads like this someone will talk about how they hate generalizations right before making a big generalization. "So and so is a racist, what a neanderthal. But that's white people for ya.":)

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Some times the truth does hurt.

For the white people who are racist, some of them don't like to be called racist. Because to themselves they're not racist.

It's even more interesting when the undercover racist white man has a secret girlfriend that just happens to be black.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    On the other hand, some black racists like to be called racist? Seriously, there are black people who think black people can't be racist.

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

I agree.

Really? how can a black person be racist?