1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If there's one thing white people hate....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, May 13, 2011.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    This makes sense. So you have to ask, how many people are really racist? Many of the dumb comments we hear these days are more ignorant than deep down racism.

-Mike

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA

Read that all again to yourself. The meaning and the intention of that last thing flies against that first thing you said.

(And "white people WANT to call black people racist"? What are you talking about??)

I get it- you're trying to be deep and thoughtful, but you're making the same silly generalizations that brought this conversation up in the first place.

3. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I don't know you well enough to say whether you are racist or not. I would probably lean towards no, just based on the fact that you are conversing about it.

Couldn't it be said that all racism is based in ignorance? I can't think of anything more ignorant than judging a whole group of people by the color of their skin.

But at the same time, are you willing to have one group use ignorance as an excuse and not the other?

I don't think anybody should think negatively about an entire race of people, BTW. There is no excuse for that.

The way I look at it a person can be nice or a jerk. Whether he's a black or white jerk makes no difference to me, I just stay away. But I don't judge his entire race based on my experience with that one individual.

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    What does institutionalism superiority have to do with racism? This is why I bring up Jackson and Sharpton. You obviously believe that to be a racist you must be in a position to exert some sort of power or control over someone. Sorry, but that's bs. It's the type of crap Al and Jesse are feeding black people because they want black people to feel animosity towards white people. It is their bread and butter. That's what they "Do for a living". If they really cared about empowering black men they would take a tip from Bill Cosby and encourage people to become educated and self reliant and responsible for their own situations. I know it's a bad analogy because Bill is a racist too, but then being a racist and ACTUALLY wanting to do something to help your brothers and sisters are not mutually exclusive, are they?

Look what blaming whitey has done for the indians. They live in places and situations that make inner city ghettos look like heaven. Sure it's worked out for Al and Jesse, but my homeboy Alex has to pay his bills. Jesse and Al ain't hooking him up, that's for sure.

So tell me, since I am only half white and my best friend ( and guitar player) is half white and half Japanese, does that mean we can only be half racist, or would we have to be half black like my boy Alex?

5. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    No worries there Jauqo, Nobody who knows you would ever think you were racist in any way. You are one of the most genuine people I know.

6. I think (hope) he meant to put an "If" or "some" at the beginning of that statement. If not, then I agree with you completely.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Sorry to let you down but I'm not.

I think my comments in this thread are bothering the whites who don't want to hear the other side of truth. And Kwesi who just dosen't want to hear it.

8. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    How is Bill Cosby a racist?

Maybe Kwesi can help me with this one :)

9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

You mean Kwesi who doesn't believe that you have to be white to be racist, right?

10. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

;)

11. This is absolutely hilarious. Ive got to send this to some friends....wow...I'll just ask you this. How do you know they arent going around trying to encourage ppl to be educated and self reliant? Only because you just see on the news something racial goes down and hey, whatdayaknow, there they are. They must be there to rowl up "the people". Jesse actually spoke at my brothers commencement, and spoke on the very things you mentioned. That media is something aint it? We'll feed into in when we want to, and dont believe it when we want to.

Wait, Bill Cosby is racist? PWahahahaha wow.

12. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    If we really want to parse the terms, we're technically talking about prejudice, which are preconcieved attitudes about certain groups of people. Racism is a specific form of prejudice, but some scholars further define racism as having a tangible stratification component to it. Discrimination refers to actions that give preference to one group of people over another. Though some disparate impact discrimination may not necessarily have intentionality behind it, much of it does. My point is that, for the sake of this point here, we're arguing about semantics.

We could talk in circles about whether Blacks - or any other minorities can be racist depending on the specific definition we're using - but one would be hard pressed not to agree that EVERYONE can be prejudice.

13. Oh boy, now I've even gotten Jauqo to call me an oreo :p! But in all seriousness, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what you're saying. Your posts are confusing and I honestly cannot tell if it's deliberate or not. I still don't even know what exactly you think racism is or what someone would need to do to qualify for the title. I may disagree with you on some things but it's not because of you,per se, just the ideas themselves.

14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis

Cursory search since I couldn't remember all the things I've heard Bill say that struck me that way. And don't get me too wrong, I think Bill is a racist ( I also think Chris Rock is a racist, maybe we can tackle that one later), but I also think Bill is intelligent and has the best interests of black people in general at heart, unlike Al and Jesse and Fahrakan etc.. Not too mention I think he's funny as hell.:D

YouTube - Bill the Racist

15. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Oh no, now I guess MY comments are upsetting the blacks on the board who just don't want to see the truth.

Sound familiar? ;)

16. This, I like! To me, racism is just ignorance extended to racial affairs! If someone wants to make a massive, negative generalization about a single race and actually believes the statement it's obviously ignorant and, in my eyes, also racist.

17. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Absolutely.

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Hold up Kwesi I did not call you that and I wouldn't call you that.

Some here feel that I'm racist because of my question. You yourself even feel that it's a silly question.

Kwesi you are a black man and a young one at that. You asking me what racism is will hopefully come to you as you live life and accept life for what it places upon your person.

Black men should ask questions even if it does upset white people. If white people are upset because of certain questions asked, it's on them and their hidden issues. Not the one asking the question.

Kwesi never attempt to scorn a black man for asking a question that maybe one day you can gain something from.

19. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Thank you Kwesi :D I think that you and me might just solve all these problems America has with race.

Wouldn't it be fitting if a black person and a half Mexican mut were to be the solution! Haha

20. I know, man. It was a joke, the conversation was getting a little to edgy for my tastes. Also, as you've said, we've become accustomed to instant gratification. As such, I'd rather not have to wait a decade or two to figure out what racism is :p. For the purpose of this discussion. How would you define it?