1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If there's one thing white people hate....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phalex, May 13, 2011.

1. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    To be fair jauqo, I haven't read anywhere that anyone has called you a racist.

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Sounds more like a racism baiter to me ;)

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    To be fair I can read between the lines.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I get the same feeling. Feels like we're being baited into an online race war.

You're racist.
    No I'm not, you are.
    No, you are and don't want to admit it.
    It's not really racism anyway, even though you are.
    But it's not racist, even though it is.
    So you are all racists.
    But it's not always racist, just when certain people are involved.
    Yeah, but racism isn't so easy. You have to know about it to know about it.

-Mike

5. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Maybe you should stop reading. Or at least stop reading into things... :D

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    And to expound on Dr. Funk's post, the media is surely the evil machine you claim it is, on that there can be no deny, but to pretend that you cannot see the difference between the message Bill Cosby is preaching and the message Farrakhan, Sharpton and Jackson are preaching, well **** I guess I just don't know what to say about that. I wouldn't want you to think I was being racist ( half racist anyway).

I wonder how much Rev. Jackson got paid to speak at your brothers commencement? :)

You have heard Al Sharpton speak right? He could probably use a few refresher courses himself before he tried preaching the virtues of education to others.

7. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    holy cow? this went AWOL

8. LOL, glad I'm not the only one :D!

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    To answer your question Kwesi. Just live life and try to be aware of every thing that comes into your space.

This is America and living in America at some point the question will be answered.

And no I'm not being sarcastic.

10. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    What was it when you said it 10 minutes ago, except using the word "Whites" instead of "Blacks"?

11. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Don't worry, I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon. Unfortunate though, I like passionate discussion.

12. I know, right?! Honestly, I can't tell if this train is on topic or not. At best, the thread is walking the line.

13. Dude, you are really in denial. The what ifs I gave were actually all facts that Ive encountered both personally and observed :). Why do ppl mention other instances as if that makes the initial one any less wrong??? Oh I guess these ppl were just making excuses too right here.

How ironic.

Guess you cant say what you REALLY want to say huh? Some of the strong never had to compete in the first place :). Also as far as "competing", historically, some ppl started the race and forgot to tell others that were still warming up:cool:. And since you bring up welfare, I'd love for some ppl to really do some statistics and history on that. It might surprise you :). Funny thing is I agree about being rewarded for effort and end free rides and all that, as do alot of ppl, but that wont decrease racism, because racism has nothing to do with the group thats thought of as inferior. It has to do with the ppl with racist thinking. But I see you only see this from one side. It takes more than personal responsibility to fix this, it takes personal INTEGRITY, just like that article I posted.

14. ...You sooooooo just gave me the "Dad" answer! That's it, we're officially mortal enemies :atoz:!

15. Its partly because ppl dont know the difference in racism and discrimination. Its also because when ppl see discrimination, prejudice, or white or black, itssssss RACIST TIME regardless of what the OP is. Last, its Talkbass :D.

16. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    Isn't it exactly on topic? I haven't seen any rule infractions. Everyone is being civil I think. We're simply voicing our opinions on a pretty important topic really. We're all Americans and this is a free-ish country. All our opinions are valid.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Except the ones I disagree with. :)

-Mike

18. Nothing at all to do with the group that's thought of as inferior? I think that's a stretch.

Well, to be fair, racism, discrimination based on race, and racial prejudice are pretty heavily interconnected. They're not so far apart that it's not unfathomable that they are often discussed together.

19. I always thought I'd make a fantastic dictator...

20. Oh I can easily see the difference, but you are only seeing a small percentage of what tv wants you to see. Add that to some ppl's already fueled bias, and they all are a group of antichrists lol. What does it matter how much he got paid to speak? How much did George Bush, or Bill Clinton, or any other well know figure get paid :confused: Well partially in their defense, you have to see their standpoint. They come from more of a mentality of defensive mindset. If youve been physically and mentally assaulted even just in desire to drink from the same fountain, or go to the same school, or any other injustice that they all endured personally and BESIDE MLK, its hard to say what view you would have on whites (basically because to be honest, thats who it was) and even America. And to be in a position to see alot of that still going on in a different form, hey I cant tell you. I dont agree with all they say, and I definitely dont agree with the teachings of Farrakhan, but free speech is free speech right? And from what Ive heard in this last couple of yrs from MANY political figures about our COC (even aside from politics) ALOT of ppl could use some refresher courses.

I believe how you feel is how you feel. We've all been sculpted from life experiences. But be real about it. I also love talking about race and Im not heated or attacking anyone's post, moreso challenging why you think what you type. One thing that needs to happen to help racial relations is an atmosphere where ppl can say how they really feel without repercussions. That way it can ALL get on the table and be in the open. We also at the same time must be ready to receive enlightenment to things our experiences and ignorance have guarded from us.