Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

If this doesn't make you sick...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 28, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Three Baltimore Children Found Decapitated
    Mother Discovers Children In Apartment

POSTED: 9:01 pm EDT May 27, 2004
    UPDATED: 9:17 am EDT May 28, 2004

A mother in Baltimore made a horrifying discovery when she came home -- her three children were not only dead, they were decapitated.

A neighbor of three children in a northwest Baltimore apartment said the kids were allowed to run around freely because the neighborhood is so safe.

Al Johnson, a loan officer, said that she called 911 when she heard the children's mother screaming in Spanish.

Baltimore fire officials said two of the children were partially decapitated, and the third was completely decapitated.

Police say all were under the age of 10. Their mother discovered them in the apartment around 5:40 p.m.

Police are talking to a man they call a "person of interest."

http://www.nbc10.com/news/3355370/detail.html

just a little addition... when i saw this story on tv, the homicide detective said it "was the worst thing he had seen in 35 years."

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I thought that they made an arrest in this case??? Two people I believe--friends of the mother?

3. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    they did. and i have the article. but i chose not to post it because it names people and just incase they are family and/or friends of the men in question or the victims

4. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    :( that is completely messed up

5. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    :( how incredibly sad.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Human sinfullness at it's peak, God rest their souls and bring comfort to this family who is in grave need of love and compassion.

7. man

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I may get into trouble for posting this, but I can't help but wonder;

What the hell is the world coming to? :crying:

May God bless the souls of the three children, as he accepts them into his kingdom.

May he deliver swift and just punishment on those who are responsible!

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm saving that quote for the next time the old chesnut of "islam is a religeon of vengeful gods" comes up :help:

10. People are :scowl: a lotof times.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Some friends.

12. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Right on Munji!

Well, killing children does make me sick. Bad enough when adults do it to each other. But it seems that nobody has any qualms about doing it to children anymore. Just read the headlines, or turn on the TV news.

So again, what is the world coming to?

13. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    This is so sad, killing innocent children in such a brutal way... :(
    I dont know what punishment would serve these criminals as well as waht they have done! :mad:

14. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

That is something I don't think we'll ever figure out. No matter what the point of view, there just doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer.

15. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    to my knowledge, they are each being charged with 3 counts of murder in the 1st degree. because of the brutality of the crimes. i am almost certian they will get death,

i would rather see them spend the rest of their lives in prison. especially considering that the ages of the suspect are 17 and 22. that's a long time to be behind bars

16. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    sick **** :(

17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Just blank out the names.

18. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eek:

:(

What could1ve made them do this? :(

(BTW how come all post # are eliminated, just not those of mods?)

19. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Arrests Made In Horrific Slayings Of Three Baltimore Children
    Suspects May Be Related To Victim

POSTED: 12:25 pm EDT May 28, 2004
    UPDATED: 12:49 pm EDT May 28, 2004

Authorities in Baltimore have made two arrests in the horrific slayings of three children in Northwest Baltimore.

(name removed), 17, and (name removed), 22, are both charged with first-degree murder.

Police said the two suspects are cousins and uncles to at least one of the children. Two of the children were partially beheaded, one was decapitated.

Acting police Commissioner Kenneth Blackwell called the killings "an act of someone who obviously has no conscience...a despicable act."

Blackwell said there is no clear motive in the case.

The children have been identified as (name removed), 9, his sister (name removed), 9, and their cousin (name removed), 10, -- a boy.

Police said the mother of at least one of the children found them Thursday in their first-floor apartment at the Samester apartments on Park Heights Avenue when she came home from work.

Chief of detectives Antonio Williams said there is no indication the murders were gang-related.

And police said the suspected murder weapon is a 10- or 12-inch butcher's knife found near the crime scene.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/3357528/detail.html

20. Frank Martin

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    This does make me sick... and sad... :(