Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

if u like harcore/metal, check out my bands new recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by reasonbass, May 6, 2003.

1. hey everyone, we just finished these two songs, and are about to finish two more. But for now check these mp3's out.

reason mp3's

thanxs...

2. oh yeah let me know what you all think?
    thanks.:bassist:

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Well, just to let a fellow South Floridian know, I did listen to the two songs you posted at MP3.com. I like your logo. It is cool and appropriately aggressve looking. Your band is true to metal core. I haven't been a fan of the genre for quite awhile, but did play in a hard core/hip hop band at one time.

You have an aggressive, down-tuned sound. Your singer has captured that metal core growl. It would be fun to see you perform live. You have to be careful with heavy downtuning not to get a sound that is too muddy. My mediocre speakers may be to blame for what I heard..in fact, I'm sure they are. What, if any feedback have you received from MP3.com? I hope the comments have been positive.

I wish your group well. I want South Florida bands to prosper. As far as I know we haven't had a really successful heavy band hit it big nationally since Marilyn Manson, but like I say, I am out of the scene pretty much now, so I can't say. Again, I wish your group well. Let us know here when you finish your CD and let us know if you have any gigs coming up.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If you are looking to tour, go to Mad.City.Hardcore
    There is lots of Hardcore, Metalcore, Hardcore punk, punk, everything one that site, and there is links to venues, also there is a bunch of Mp3's for other bands that will be looking to tour down by you guys this summer and fall, so check it out, give a post there and you will get results, its a great community, and the guy with the sn Aaron live's in Miami, something in common, anyway, check it out man! best of luck in your band
    peace
    -Ben

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm currently listening to betrayal. I really like it because unlike some metal, you bother to have pauses/time signature changes. And I think that is key to an agressive sound so you can be like "This is silence" vs. "This is not" I dunno if that makes sense...

Now Broken Entity is on... I'd just like to say that I like your singer. He's agressive without sounding like crap. In fact, I'd just like to say that I like everyone in your band... very VERY good stuff in my opinion.

I give it 4 cools out of 5
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: