1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

If you can have one bass and only one bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Feb 29, 2008.

1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    What would it be? For me it would be a Warmoth build. All the custom parts I want. BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p.

-Arpeggi

2. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    ritter classic 4...

wont that be the day :p

3. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I believe the correct answer to this question is "I'd kick the @@@ of whomever made that rule." I'm forgetting the bassist to whom this quote is attributed, but I'd have to agree.

I can't be tied down, man . . .

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I guess you mean electric bass, since this is the electric bass forum. :) If I could only have one bass, it would be my main upright. But for electric ... it would have to be the Stingray 5 that I had Mike Lull convert to fretless for me. Defretted and the fingerboard is coated in an ultra-hard polymer finish, sort of like the Pedulla buzz basses.

That one just barely beats out my fretless P-bass.

Cheers

5. detracti

detracti

May 5, 2006
    Seattle
    My Ray 4HH

6. A custom tripleneck with 12-string, 4-string fretless and 5-string fretted. And a custom back brace to match it...:D

Steve

7. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    Only one bass?

How could life be so cruel?

A Ramirez bass..built for me by Wilser Ramirez...I am still waiting for it to be built!

8. This is actually a pretty odd question for me to answer. I have played guitar on and off for about 20 years and the whole time I have NEVER owned more than 2 guitars at any one time (1 acoustic, 1 electric).

I have played bass for 9 months now and own 6 basses. ***?! You folks are bad influences. BTW, all 6 are 4 bangers, fretted. I am thinking about getting a fretless soon.

So a better question may be: What is it about a bass that makes you NEED more than 2 or 3?! I can tell you that I am MORE than happy with just my Schecter C1 Classic electric guitar, but I could not tell you which bass I would happily give up!

Ox.

9. Fender custom shop P
    ash body(natural)
    Purplehart neck(50s logo)
    ebony fretless unlined fingerboard
    PJ pickup config
    50s reverse tuners
    Schaller roller bridge

10. I'd make mine simple. Fender MIA Jazz Bass '08, black with a maple neck, and a red tort pick guard.

11. I refuse to answer that question incase my woman reads it.

12. alexmoore10

alexmoore10

Apr 3, 2007
    London
    Endorsing Artist: Ashdown Engineering Amplifiers, Elites Strings and Cosmic Ears IEMs
    Original pre CBS Fender Jazz

13. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    A Dingwall. Either my 'Uber Alles" Prima, or my Avatar Z1, or my Villex NVT Prima

14. i'm pretty happy w/ my jazz so i'm sticking w/ it

15. Alembic Europa;)

16. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    Dont know if I'd want it as my last and only bass, but I'd give almost anything for a Rick 4003...it WILL be my NEXT bass - just not my ONLY bass :)

17. whizack

whizack

Oct 23, 2007
    the bass in my avatar picture, i could live with never playing a different bass.

18. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    probably a ken smith. maybe lined fretless...

or maybe, a rickenbacker.

or maybe... a cuatom bass.

19. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    I could see myself getting the most use out of an upright if I was stuck with one bass.

20. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    P-bass, american vintage '62 :D