1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

If you could choose your signature bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ben_the_bass, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Fender/Musicman/G&L/Squier

45.1%
  2. Rickenbacker

12.7%
  3. Boutique

30.0%
  4. Homemade

10.8%
  5. Dean/Gibson/Other brands I can't think of right now

10.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ben_the_bass

ben_the_bass

Jul 12, 2005
    Rocklin
    what would be/look like, all that stuff. Any bass that you think displays your personality.

2. Fender Jaguar Bass
    21 frets
    Delano Humbucker in the Bridge, Delano Jazz Bass Pickup in the neck
    Sunburst Finish
    Black Pickguard
    BA Bridge
    Completely Passive, and instead of the active controls, put in a built-in fuzz :D

3. ben_the_bass

ben_the_bass

Jul 12, 2005
    Rocklin
    sweeeet, they should invent an on-bass effects switch..if they haven't already

4. geddy neck(instead of black inlays, it would have bright pealoid)
    daphne blue p-bass body, with the controls just like a j-bass, white perloid pickguard
    duncan lightning active pickups
    and 105 90 80 60 roundwound strings

anything i didnt mention would be standard parts

5. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    Los Angeles
    White P-bass body with Nordstrand P/J pickups, bleck pick gaurd, black body binding, jazz neck with ebony fretboard, perloid inlays, white binding. 3-band aguilar pre where the V/V/T knobs would be, and on/off rocker switches at the top for the pickups.

6. they have

7. I'd go with the Geddy neck as well, but in birdseye maple and abalone inlays, with a smaller Jazz body (thinner and smaller) with a quilted maple top. Color choices would be all be transparent, so you could see the woodgrain. Choices of active or passive electronics, chrome, black or gold hardware and definitely a Badass bridge.

8. djwackfriz

djwackfriz

Jul 31, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Definitely an ESP. I just love them.

9. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    fender jazz, mahogany and bubinga, fretless unmarked, basslines sjb-3's audere preamp, badass II BRIDGE

10. Boutique. You don't even hafta be famous to get your own signature model. Just order it.

11. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    Tobias, bubinga/wenge/maple 9-piece neck-through, solid figured bubinga wings, black hardware, ebony unlined fretless, bartolini pickups with East preamp. All of which is available now, except the preamp.

Hey, it's only money. I could probably put this together for, oh, maybe $3500.

12. P-bass body of mahogany
    Jazz Neck profile of birdseye maple
    Rosewood Board
    Pearl Blocks and white binding (on the neck only)
    A dark sherwood green finish w/ matching headstock
    Lindy Fralin Pickup
    Fully Passive with top notch wiring, pots, etc.

THIS is my dream bass

13. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    I have a dual Bassonality, both LeCompte style.
    Duo3.

14. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    A clone(same weight, feel and sound) of my 64 Precision(lightweight Alder, 1/4 sawn maple/Brazillian RW), exept with a Candy Apple Red, or sparkle blue finish, with a matching headstock, and Martin Style snowflake inlays on the fingerboard.

That would do it for me.

Or maybe a Fireglow, or Blueburst Rick 4001 ( gotta have the skunk stripe down the middle) with a chrome covered Jack Casady p/u in the brige position, and a toaster in the neck, and a non laquered fingerboard.

15. doubleneck 8/4 rickenbacker bass. It would look pretty much like a 4080 except both necks would be bass necks. 21 frets on each neck with skunk stripe (shedua I believe), crushed mother of pearl triangle inlays and cheackerboard binding on the body. Stock ric electronics. Neck pickups would be toasters bridge pickups would be horseshoe pickups. Not sure about the finish...maybe burgandyglo.

16. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    I'd have a Ric 4004 style very much like my Lemmy signature but with black hardware and skulls/bones/general evil mayhem carved into the walnut body wings instead of leaves/acorns/vines. Ah, what the heck....also 24 frets and a 5 banger.

IMG_0418.
    IMG_0426.

17. Maybe an all maple ES-335 style bass, with EMG humbuckers and the EMG BQS system. Kinda like Peter Hook's bass...

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Probably a white Jaguar with a blocked and bound P-bass neck.

Either that or a Jazz with a P-bass neck, and onboard two-band pre.

19. ricbass4001

ricbass4001

Nov 14, 2005
    Alembic hand made copy 6-string made to my specs Bartolini pickups and controls. Hand made bridge and tail piece from polished brass maple wood grain finish through the body neck. I don't know if it will beat my rick but i will certainly find out. (it's in the planning stages at this point).

20. .:chuck:.

.:chuck:.

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    surf green fender jaguar (with slightly deeper cutaways) matching headstock... same neck + cream binding...well, maybe a maple fretboard option too... a push/pull tone pot that engages/disengages an "overdrive capacitor" (;) i was gonna do this to my jazz bass before i sold it)... ooh and white pickup covers (maybe some dimarzio model j's with creme covers)...i'll probably have more stuff when i think of them!